LSAT Pro Advice Pleeease!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
helu

New

LSAT Pro Advice Pleeease!!!

Post by helu » Mon May 19, 2014 11:08 am

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I decided to take the LSAT in June. I'm not from here so I wasn't even aware that this pre-test exists!! :shock: I've never taken it before and I see that most people prepare months before, so I was wondering what the best advice is you could give me as far as what to focus on? Any advice would be highly appreciated!!! :mrgreen: Please be kind..I know it is illusional to think you can score well with a three week prep time :D

90convoy

Silver

Re: LSAT Pro Advice Pleeease!!!

Post by 90convoy » Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

Well obviously your best bet is to wait and take the test in September, but if you must take it in June you need to take an enormous amount of practice tests and study the games. The section that you'll probably be the worst at is Logic Games so you should try to find the Powerscore LG bible or the Manhattan LG guide somewhere and read that very quickly. Oh, and did I mention that your best bet is to wait until September?

Also, take a diagnostic test immediately. You can download one for free on the LSAC website.

Winston1984

Gold

Post by Winston1984 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 am

Have to postpone til September. I can't really think of a reason why you have to take it now. It will be a waste of time, a lower score, and a waste of a take.

helu

New

Post by helu » Mon May 19, 2014 11:27 am

Thank you 90convoy..I know, it is veeeery short notice. But I thought I'll give it a shot. I do struggle with the logic games the most, but it seems like those are the ones you can actually practice the most as well...I will see if I can get those books you recommended!!

Winston1984 how many takes does one have? I have to take it now as my husband is active duty and if I don't take it now, there's no way for me to be admitted this fall and graduate before our next move :?

Winston1984

Gold

Post by Winston1984 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:55 am

helu wrote:Thank you 90convoy..I know, it is veeeery short notice. But I thought I'll give it a shot. I do struggle with the logic games the most, but it seems like those are the ones you can actually practice the most as well...I will see if I can get those books you recommended!!

Winston1984 how many takes does one have? I have to take it now as my husband is active duty and if I don't take it now, there's no way for me to be admitted this fall and graduate before our next move :?
You can take it 3 times in two years. You shouldn't be applying for this fall right now. You would want your apps in before Thanksgiving (or right after a December re-take). Sounds like you don't really know how the app process works.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

helu

New

Post by helu » Mon May 19, 2014 12:05 pm

I guess I don't :shock: Why until Thanksgiving? I spoke to the admissions office and they told me I had to take this upcoming LSAT in order to apply for this fall..They said it takes about three weeks for the results to come in and that I can apply during that period. I hope that was true. If not, I would most definitely rather take the test in September with a higher chance to score well.. Thank you for all the useful info :mrgreen:

Winston1984

Gold

Post by Winston1984 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:21 pm

helu wrote:I guess I don't :shock: Why until Thanksgiving? I spoke to the admissions office and they told me I had to take this upcoming LSAT in order to apply for this fall..They said it takes about three weeks for the results to come in and that I can apply during that period. I hope that was true. If not, I would most definitely rather take the test in September with a higher chance to score well.. Thank you for all the useful info :mrgreen:
You just want to get your apps in as early as you can. Most schools are on rolling admissions, so more seats are available early on. Taking it in September is definitely the best thing to do. There is a lot of useful information on this forum, and I would encourage you to read through it. Also, check out lawschooltransparency on employment prospects.

helu

New

Post by helu » Mon May 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Thank you, Winston1984. I will read through it!!

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 pm

helu wrote:I guess I don't :shock: Why until Thanksgiving? I spoke to the admissions office and they told me I had to take this upcoming LSAT in order to apply for this fall..They said it takes about three weeks for the results to come in and that I can apply during that period. I hope that was true. If not, I would most definitely rather take the test in September with a higher chance to score well.. Thank you for all the useful info :mrgreen:
Where are you looking to apply? Schools that accept June LSATs for admission that fall are not generally schools that have good employment numbers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

helu

New

Post by helu » Mon May 19, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm applying to Savannah Law School. It is a pretty new program...is that a bad thing :? as mentioned before..I'm not from the U.S. so I basically know nothing about this whole system and how it works or what to look out for. I just gave it some common sense thought- if you do well it doesn't matter what school you went to?! But when I hear that employment rates differ depending on what school you went to....ugggh

jkhalfa

Bronze

Post by jkhalfa » Mon May 19, 2014 5:43 pm

helu wrote:I'm applying to Savannah Law School. It is a pretty new program...is that a bad thing :?
Don't do that. Medians are 151/3.14.

Best case scenario: 3 years of your life wasted.
Worst case scenario: financial suicide.

politibro44

New

Post by politibro44 » Mon May 19, 2014 6:00 pm

helu wrote:I'm applying to Savannah Law School. It is a pretty new program...is that a bad thing :? as mentioned before..I'm not from the U.S. so I basically know nothing about this whole system and how it works or what to look out for. I just gave it some common sense thought- if you do well it doesn't matter what school you went to?! But when I hear that employment rates differ depending on what school you went to....ugggh
Your common sense does not apply to law school. There is a strong correlation between the law school that you attend and your future career success, much more so than in any other profession.

Moreover, the LSAT is the most significant part of the law school admissions process. It would be wise to spend more than three weeks preparing for the most significant part of law school admissions.

I cannot think of a situation where attending Savannah Law School would be a good idea, for anyone, ever.

helu

New

Post by helu » Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 am

Oh WOW!! But why is attending that school such a bad idea? Is it a horrible school? I was told that it belongs to Johnny Marshall Atlanta which is supposed to be a good school?! I don't even think they have any statistics out yet as they just started in fall 2013, I think..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

paayter

Bronze

Post by paayter » Tue May 20, 2014 8:49 am

Seriously people ignore this thread. Obvious troll...flame

helu

New

Post by helu » Tue May 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Paayter...I don't even know what "troll" is supposed to mean but I think it's pretty rude of you to tell other people to ignore my post. I'm very thankful that these forum members responded and gave me very helpful advice as I have noone else I could talk to...except for the admissions here, obviously. Furthermore, I was under the impression that this is what forums are for. So, if you don't want to respond, that's fine. Surf ahead and do what you do. But it's not your place to tell other people what to do. :arrow:

helu

New

Post by helu » Tue May 20, 2014 3:11 pm

My husband just explained what a troll is....funny...I wonder who the troll is. You come in here and post your non sense. But I kinda expected something like this from an internet forum. At least it was worth a try. Thanks again, to the people who actually helped me out. Oh and Paayter: good luck for your future career. I'm just assuming that you obviously have a lot to learn.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”