Final June Push Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NotHermione

New

Final June Push

Post by NotHermione » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 pm

A little over a month left until the June test and my scores are ranging between 169 and 174. My goal is 175 and I'm trying to close the gap in my score range. Currently I'm averaging about -2 or 3 per section. I've been drilling LG sections to get that down to -0 but am unsure about how I should go about normalizing LR & RC? Any suggestions?

1Lin2015

New

Re: Final June Push

Post by 1Lin2015 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm in a similar range, with a similar goal. I've got LG down perfect though. For LG: just keep drilling. Find some hard games and drill them over and over. For LR: Review the last 5-10 sections you've finished. Try and see if there is any pattern with question types you seem to consistently get wrong. Then drill those hard, in addition to your regular LR drilling of course. RC really depends on your approach. So make sure you're reading for structure and doing it well. Good luck in June!

1Lin2015

New

Post by 1Lin2015 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:15 pm

One LR tip: Practice getting the first 10/15 questions down in 10/15 minutes (average one minute per question). That will give you 2 minutes on the generally "harder" questions which can really help you score -0 consistently.

foamborn

Bronze

Post by foamborn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Have you tried reading the question stem first on LR sections? I've found that since doing that I'm more consistently getting -0/1s on LRs. The rationale behind that strat seems to be that you're more focused going into the stimulus, and perhaps that's true, but the best explanation to me is that that focus contributes in an unexpected way. It's not the before you switch to reading the question first you don't understand the task at hand; it's that in reading the question first you lower the amount of tasks your brain has to carry out over a single read to a more manageable task.

For RC I think reading for structure is the big key. Then practice enough to know what your own weaknesses are. For me I struggle more with tonal questions than others (don't know why). So I try to figure out if there's a pattern to what the LSAT writers figure on in those tone questions. Then just practice, practice, practice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”