Am I crazy to retake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschool2014hopeful

Silver

Re: Am I crazy to retake?

Post by lawschool2014hopeful » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:36 pm

@Jeffort,

There should be a star next to your name on TLS.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:07 pm

AbhiJ wrote:
The thing see missing is the rationale for retake: is it scholarship money or an admit to Harvard ? What are his career goals ?
Without these answers we can all give our subjective opinion.
Either or. I'd be happy to have the dilemma of accepting a Ruby or going to Harvard. In terms of long term career goals, it's more of a matter of not foreclosing options. For example, if I go to one of the lower t20s, then becoming a professor would be out of the question.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Jeffort - Thanks for the detailed response!!

The stuff about engrained bad habits really got to me. My question then is what can I do to overcome them? I think what is different this time than my previous attempts is that I am making a conscious attempt to shed all prior strategies . I am attempting to relearn everything from the ground up. So right now I am doing the Manhattan lsat LR book. I'm taking it as the gospel and will only later determine if certain parts don't work for me.

AbhiJ

New

Post by AbhiJ » Thu May 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Seoulless wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:
The thing see missing is the rationale for retake: is it scholarship money or an admit to Harvard ? What are his career goals ?
Without these answers we can all give our subjective opinion.
Either or. I'd be happy to have the dilemma of accepting a Ruby or going to Harvard. In terms of long term career goals, it's more of a matter of not foreclosing options. For example, if I go to one of the lower t20s, then becoming a professor would be out of the question.
Are you sure that you cannot be an academic if you go to USC ? You would be well served to consult a few law school professors/lawyers. The culture at TLS is to obsess endlessly about HYS which can bias your opinion. First you need to identify what are the 3-4 most vital things you are expecting to gain from your law school experience. Then dig deep to find out if these can only be accompolished at top 5 schools. There is much more to being a lawyer than a perfect LSAT score and much more to being an academic than going to a TLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”