Does Semester workload matter? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
prestonrose

New

Does Semester workload matter?

Post by prestonrose » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello everybody,

I am studying abroad in Madrid next Fall. Upon my return I will have 9 hours to take to graduate. I am planning on taking the June LSAT and studying as much as possible in the months up to it. But I would rather not graduate a whole year early when my last semester will be spent entirely by studying. I am wondering if I can take a light 9 hours that Spring, followed by my last 6 hours to graduate the following Fall. To me graduating only one semester early would be more enjoyable, and it would give me one last football season/semester to take it easy. How much does workload matter for admissions and scholarships and such???? Thanks in advance.

GPA: I expect to graduate with 3.85-3.90 with a dual major
LSAT: Unknown
Last edited by prestonrose on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Re: Does Semester workload matter?

Post by WaltGrace83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:55 pm

prestonrose wrote:Hello everybody,

I am studying abroad in Madrid next Fall. Upon my return I will have 9 hours to take to graduate. I am planning on taking the June LSAT and studying as much as possible in the months up to it. But I would rather not graduate a whole year early when my last semester will be spent entirely by studying. I am wondering if I can take a light 9 hours that Spring, followed by my last 6 hours to graduate the following Fall. To me graduating only one semester early would be more enjoyable, and it would give me one last football season/semester to take it easy. How much does workload matter for admissions and scholarships and such???? Thanks in advance.

GPA: I expect to graduate with 3.85-3.90 with a dual major
LSAT: high 160's
Lol at you saying you are going to get a "high 160s" LSAT when you haven't taken it yet (unless you have). Generally people say it doesn't matter at all and credits are credits. However, if your school is anything like mine, part time students (like what you'll be considered if you take 6/9 credit hours) have to pay by the credit hour and that is usually much more expensive. I personally would just knock it out, and use that year to study for the LSAT.
Last edited by WaltGrace83 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prestonrose

New

Post by prestonrose » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 pm

I changed LSAT to unknown. If I were to knock it out the hours, I would have to take the October LSAT in 2015. Would that be late in the game for matriculating in Fall of 2016?

As for studying abroad in Madrid, I will be studying at the Universidad Pontifical Comillas as an exchange student.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 pm

prestonrose wrote:I changed LSAT to unknown. If I were to knock it out the hours, I would have to take the October LSAT in 2015. Would that be late in the game for matriculating in Fall of 2016?

As for studying abroad in Madrid, I will be studying at the Universidad Pontifical Comillas as an exchange student.
Most people say its actually right on time as long as you have everything else done so that you can submit your whole application right away. By the way, you might want to consider getting a new username if you will be positing here a lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”