Would it be fait to say we should expect every type of LG... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hazara

New

Would it be fait to say we should expect every type of LG...

Post by hazara » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:53 pm

For the June exam? before the february test, there were certain games that hadnt appeared in over a decade. I believe 7sage and other companies told their students not to expect them. what do you guys think the chances are, of seeing another random game because im prepping for the june test and was wondering if i should go through all the old games.

thanks

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Re: Would it be fait to say we should expect every type of LG...

Post by withoutapaddle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:56 pm

I didn't study the forgotten few and a circular linear game did show up last LSAT.

You can imagine how this went for me haha. This time around I'm studying everything.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:59 pm

You should do the misc logic games because they're good mental exercise and theyll make you feel more comfortable with the unexpected.

Mauve.Dino

Bronze

Post by Mauve.Dino » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Expect the unexpected and you won't be disappointed.

TLSanders

Bronze

Post by TLSanders » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:16 pm

I agree with all of the prior responses, with one caution: keep it in perspective and make sure that you are entirely comfortable with the common game types that you're almost sure to see before you invest substantial time on the long shots.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hazara

New

Post by hazara » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:12 pm

TLSanders wrote:I agree with all of the prior responses, with one caution: keep it in perspective and make sure that you are entirely comfortable with the common game types that you're almost sure to see before you invest substantial time on the long shots.
thats exactly the cost/benefit that i was contemplating. but still unsure how much time i should spend on older games. considering it has appeared once in the past 10 years, what are the chances it will appear again in June? I mean was that an odd occurrence or a sign of a trend that has already begun and will continue to appear at every test?

hazara

New

Post by hazara » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Nova wrote:You should do the misc logic games because they're good mental exercise and theyll make you feel more comfortable with the unexpected.
never heard of that, would you mind elaborating. thanks

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:33 pm

hazara wrote:
Nova wrote:You should do the misc logic games because they're good mental exercise and theyll make you feel more comfortable with the unexpected.
never heard of that, would you mind elaborating. thanks
miscellaneous games

ones that don't fit into normal categories (like ordering, grouping, in & out, etc)

random number

Bronze

Post by random number » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Yep. If you have a good grasp of the normal games, the miscellaneous ones shouldn't be difficult to pick up. For example, circle games are basically sequencing games with the added possibility of the first and last positions being adjacent.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”