lsat prep / powerscore bibles Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
middlewesterner

New

lsat prep / powerscore bibles

Post by middlewesterner » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:04 am

post removed!
Last edited by middlewesterner on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a.sleepyhead

Bronze

Re: lsat prep / powerscore bibles

Post by a.sleepyhead » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:49 am

You should really do most of the problem sets, esp for areas of weakness. Unless you have an eidetic memory, you probably won't remember enough of the questions from the sets on the PTs to skew your score (and if you do have an eidetic memory, then you're probably set regardless).

The LSAT Trainer

Silver

Post by The LSAT Trainer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi -- I'm Mike and I teach the test -- I can totally see where you are coming from, and just wanted to share a couple of thoughts you might find relevant --

I think a big key to how much you improve is how well you allocate your study time -- those who improve most are the the ones who best figure out what type of work leads to really getting better and then focus on that work. But, when you start off your prep you know very little about the LSAT -- no matter your background or abilities, you simply don't have the information necessary to figure out how to best study for it.

So, I think it may not be best to make such specific decisions about how you are going to study upfront, and to force yourself to stick to that schedule -- chances are that a bit into your studies, as long as you go into it with an open mind, you'll have a much better sense of what you should focus on, and a month after that your sense will be even better --

In my experience, a bunch of full pt's taken in succession is not the best way to improve. Most LSAT teachers will tell you that learning about the test and learning strategies, and then drilling a bunch of problems that involve those issues and require those strategies, is typically a more efficient way to get better at this exam. Getting better is all about you putting what you learned into action, and so holding off on doing questions is a really risky move.

You may end up deciding differently, and there may be a different study system that's best for you, but I thought you might find some of that info helpful -- good luck -- MK

middlewesterner

New

Post by middlewesterner » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Thank you both for your advice. I think it's clear that at this stage of my lsat prep, I don't know what I don't know, and that advancing through the PS bibles w/ the problem sets before plowing through the preptests in succession is the right choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”