Any New LSAT Books Being Released in 2014? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ScrewMick180

New

Any New LSAT Books Being Released in 2014?

Post by ScrewMick180 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:21 am

TYIA.

Cambridge LSAT

Bronze

Re: Any New LSAT Books Being Released in 2014?

Post by Cambridge LSAT » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Manhattan LSAT is releasing the 4th editions of their series. I believe the RC guide was next in line for significant revision, but that could have changed.
LG Strategy Guide
LR Strategy Guide
RC Strategy Guide
Set of 3 Strategy Guides

Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze

Post by Christine (MLSAT) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Cambridge LSAT wrote:Manhattan LSAT is releasing the 4th editions of their series. I believe the RC guide was next in line for significant revision, but that could have changed.
LG Strategy Guide
LR Strategy Guide
RC Strategy Guide
Set of 3 Strategy Guides
Nicely found! We do indeed have 4th editions coming out soon, but the details are still under wraps at this point. (I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you, and all that.)

More information to come soon, though, I promise! :wink:

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Is Barron coming out with a new edition?

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:47 am

Clyde Frog wrote:Is Barron coming out with a new edition?
lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

harseller

New

Post by harseller » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Any information on the 4th edition? Is it worth the upgrade if I am already using the 3rd edition? I bought the new edition of the 10 Real LSATs grouped and it is worthwhile for the answer explanations.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:46 am

harseller wrote:Any information on the 4th edition? Is it worth the upgrade if I am already using the 3rd edition? I bought the new edition of the 10 Real LSATs grouped and it is worthwhile for the answer explanations.
It's 100% worth the upgrade from what I hear, but if you're like me you'll be disappointed to know that none of the new books feature pictures of the Manhattan teachers on the covers. It's like buying a Superman comic book that doesn't actually have Superman on the cover. You gotta have Superman (Matt Sherman) on the cover.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Bronze

Post by LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:21 pm

The tests themselves aren't new, but there's a new book of ten tests out: http://www.amazon.com/Actual-Official-L ... 986045519/

Splitter1415

New

Post by Splitter1415 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:30 pm

I just bought the fourth edition of Manhattan LSAT guide! I'm volunteering to tutor LSAT in school, so I am very curious to see what's inside. When I was preparing for the test, I only used the Power Score series.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 am

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
Cambridge LSAT wrote:Manhattan LSAT is releasing the 4th editions of their series. I believe the RC guide was next in line for significant revision, but that could have changed.
LG Strategy Guide
LR Strategy Guide
RC Strategy Guide
Set of 3 Strategy Guides
Nicely found! We do indeed have 4th editions coming out soon, but the details are still under wraps at this point. (I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you, and all that.)

Could you provide a ballpark estimate? I often recommend your books as supplements to my students, and I'd hate to tell one to purchase an edition only to have a newer one come out a few weeks later.

Will it be after the June LSAT, or after the October LSAT?

Thanks

Graeme (Hacking the LSAT) wrote:The tests themselves aren't new, but there's a new book of ten tests out: http://www.amazon.com/Actual-Official-L ... 986045519/
Didn't realize this had come out yet, thanks for posting!

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:31 am

harseller wrote:Any information on the 4th edition? Is it worth the upgrade if I am already using the 3rd edition? I bought the new edition of the 10 Real LSATs grouped and it is worthwhile for the answer explanations.
I'd be curious to hear about the specific differences between the 3rd and 4th Editions. I was in Barnes and Noble last week and looked at them side by side (I think it was the LR or LG book, can't remember) and they looked identical when giving them a very fast glance. I'm sure there is a difference though.

Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze

Post by Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
LG Strategy Guide
LR Strategy Guide
RC Strategy Guide
Set of 3 Strategy Guides

Could you provide a ballpark estimate? I often recommend your books as supplements to my students, and I'd hate to tell one to purchase an edition only to have a newer one come out a few weeks later.

Will it be after the June LSAT, or after the October LSAT?

Thanks
Hi there!

These books actually already came out! Check out the announcement thread (along with some pretty sweet haikus): http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=226682

So, please, recommend away with a clear heart! :mrgreen:

Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze

Post by Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Tyr wrote:
I'd be curious to hear about the specific differences between the 3rd and 4th Editions. I was in Barnes and Noble last week and looked at them side by side (I think it was the LR or LG book, can't remember) and they looked identical when giving them a very fast glance. I'm sure there is a difference though.

So, the upshot is that the LR and LG books have merely been given a glossy new paint job (as Clyde noticed, Matt, Noah, and Mary's pictures no longer adorn the covers of any of the books, sadly). Basically, we fixed a lot of typos, tightened up some layout issues, and added some drill stuff - but no substantive alterations to the strategies were made.

The RC book, on the other hand, is a whole different ball of worms 8) That book has been rebooted to a high degree, and lays out some brand new (and pretty awesome, imo) stuff on how to process reading comp.

We're always looking for feedback, so if anyone has checked it out, we'd love to hear from you (publicly, privately, by carrier pigeon, whatever!).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”