Which LSAT tutoring companies will accept a 169? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sighsigh

Bronze

Which LSAT tutoring companies will accept a 169?

Post by sighsigh » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:15 pm

I'm going to retake for a low 170+ for further teaching opportunities, but in the meantime I'm wondering where I can apply with a 169 (first try). I'm Canadian and will be staying in Canada for LS btw (Ontario). Just about every law school in Canada has a low 160 median, with a couple of exceptions (U of T has the highest 75th percentile, at 169).

So far I know:
- Kaplan
- Princeton Review

Thanks, guys.

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

drawstring

Gold

Re: Which LSAT tutoring companies will accept a 169?

Post by drawstring » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:06 pm

I think Testmasters is 170.

The LSAT Trainer

Silver

Post by The LSAT Trainer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:30 pm

If you've got some teaching experience, you should give it a shot w/Manhattan -- I used to be involved with the hiring there, and I can tell you that it was markedly harder (I would say by a multitude of at least 10) to find people who were good at teaching than it was to find people who were good at the LSAT (there are plenty of 99% scorers who don't want to be lawyers). If you are a great teacher, Manhattan may be willing to give you an interview with that score, and if you go through the teacher trainer process, I expect you'll come out of it at 172+ --

Good luck -- MK

Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze

Post by Christine (MLSAT) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:53 am

Mike is absolutely right that finding high quality teachers is more of a challenge than finding people 99th percentile test scores!

To clarify our hiring criteria though, we do require a 99th percentile LSAT score on an LSAC administered exam, as well as 2 years of teaching experience. We're always willing to talk to someone who has a score that's close, and if that person is a stellar teacher, we'll get the ball rolling, but to actually begin our intensive training process, they would need to nail the score.

If anyone is interested in working for us, or has any questions at all about our hiring/training process, please PM me!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”