The very first PT's Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WaltGrace83

Silver

The very first PT's

Post by WaltGrace83 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm frustrated.

I am doing the Cambridge Flaw packet and I printed out a big set of all the levels - the first 25 questions each. All of these questions come from PT 1-10. Usually I am not terrible when it comes to LR, I am just trying to improve. However, when I am doing even the easiest questions from these packets there are some answer choices that make me want to stab my eyes out: "WHAT are they saying?!" The stems are different and sometimes there isn't even an argument! It is just a "passage." Seriously - wtf. Is this a really bad sign? I have never had this much difficulty with LR before but I got a 20/25 on level 1s!

BPlaura

Bronze

Re: The very first PT's

Post by BPlaura » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Not abnormal at all - the early PTs are pretty widely known to be a little strange for that exact reason. The good news is that the LSAT has become way, WAY more consistent in recent years, so you're not likely to have a similar problem when you take the real thing. The early PTs are still good practice and you should learn as much as you can from them, but don't stress if you don't do as well on them either.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Re: The very first PT's

Post by WaltGrace83 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm

BPlaura wrote:Not abnormal at all - the early PTs are pretty widely known to be a little strange for that exact reason. The good news is that the LSAT has become way, WAY more consistent in recent years, so you're not likely to have a similar problem when you take the real thing. The early PTs are still good practice and you should learn as much as you can from them, but don't stress if you don't do as well on them either.
You literally will never understand how much better that makes me feel. I thought that I was toast. Okay. I'm going to regroup and get back to it tonight

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”