LSAT Prep. Disorganization Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HLS2018

New

LSAT Prep. Disorganization

Post by HLS2018 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Hey guys I'll try to keep this brief, but I need some help with organizing my preparation from this point forward (Taking in either June or October of 2014).

I am using the LSAT trainer as my guide, primarily. I have all of the Cambridge packets for PT's 1-39. I've burnt some of the test unfortunately, but I have every single one. MY question is this: should I simply use the Cambridge packets to drill and use 41-70 as PT's? Or should I, as LSAT trainer recommends, drill from some of the newer tests. I'm inclined to use the newer tests solely as blank tests which would leave me about 26-28 and use the older ones for drilling the different types of games/passages/LR questions. OF course I could use some of the newer tests also to practice full LR sections or full LG sections instead of having them solely as PT's. How many do you all generally set aside for PT's?

Louis1127

Silver

Re: LSAT Prep. Disorganization

Post by Louis1127 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 pm

HLS2018 wrote:Hey guys I'll try to keep this brief, but I need some help with organizing my preparation from this point forward (Taking in either June or October of 2014).

I am using the LSAT trainer as my guide, primarily. I have all of the Cambridge packets for PT's 1-39. I've burnt some of the test unfortunately, but I have every single one. MY question is this: should I simply use the Cambridge packets to drill and use 41-70 as PT's? Or should I, as LSAT trainer recommends, drill from some of the newer tests. I'm inclined to use the newer tests solely as blank tests which would leave me about 26-28 and use the older ones for drilling the different types of games/passages/LR questions. OF course I could use some of the newer tests also to practice full LR sections or full LG sections instead of having them solely as PT's. How many do you all generally set aside for PT's?
Most TLSers recommend this. Don;t take my word for it, search the hell out of it. This method makes sense so that the questions you do closest to your test date are the most recent. I'm sure someone else will chime in w/ more info for you.

retaking23

Bronze

Re: LSAT Prep. Disorganization

Post by retaking23 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:20 pm

For, what it's worth: do not expect that you will only do exams 41-70 for PTs. Thirty PTs is a lot and, as previous poster said, it is the TLS recommendation but this does not apply to everyone. For me, retaking PTs proved to be very instructive. It's kind of like blind review but on steroids.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”