Where can I purchase old editions of The Economist? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bearedman8

Bronze

Where can I purchase old editions of The Economist?

Post by bearedman8 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Last edited by bearedman8 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kfb2112

New

Re: Where can I purchase old editions of The Economist?

Post by kfb2112 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:30 pm

University libraries would be best.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Used book stores...

Also by old do you mean already used or previous versions

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:53 pm

bearedman8 wrote:I'll be taking the October 2014 LSAT and would like to spend a few hours every day reading The Economist. Is there any way that I can get the print editions of previous issues of the Economist? Ideally, I would like to get all of the issues that were printed in 2013. Unfortunately, I can only find the current subscription to the magazine and not past editions of it. I am also interested in (but to a lesser extent) the WSJ. Thank you all!
I think you should check out this thread so no one has to copy and paste for you:
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=221863

Long story short, I really don't think the Economist is the way to go.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:11 pm

It really depends on how you choose to read the articles.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bearedman8

Bronze

Post by bearedman8 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Last edited by bearedman8 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 20170322 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Get a subscription and you get the whole database.

Trojan18940

New

Post by Trojan18940 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 am

A few hours a day is somewhat unrealistic. Since you're taking the test in less than a year (assuming you've just recently started prep) I would start out drilling Cambridge RC packets, and focus on getting the fundamentals down before dedicating time to supplemental reading.

The Economist is a great supplement to RC, but by no means is it sufficient for mastering it.

Do the grunt work, drill your brains out. If you discover topic areas that you struggle with (e.g. cell biology, physics), read outside material that focuses on those topics to become more comfortable with them so they don't phase you on test day.
Last edited by Trojan18940 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:08 am

Trojan18940 wrote:A few hours a day is somewhat unrealistic. Since you're taking the test in less than a year (assuming you've just recently started prep) I would start out drilling Cambridge RC packages, and focus on getting the fundamentals down before dedicating time to other reading.

The Economist is a great supplement to RC, but by no means is it sufficient for mastering it.

Do the grunt work and drill your brains out. If you discover topic areas that you struggle with (e.g. cell biology, physics), read outside material that focuses on those topics to become more comfortable with them on test day.
i like ur tar

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Trojan18940

New

Post by Trojan18940 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:15 am

nothingtosee wrote:
Trojan18940 wrote:A few hours a day is somewhat unrealistic. Since you're taking the test in less than a year (assuming you've just recently started prep) I would start out drilling Cambridge RC packages, and focus on getting the fundamentals down before dedicating time to other reading.

Do the grunt work and drill your brains out. If you discover topic areas that you struggle with (e.g. cell biology, physics), read outside material that focuses on those topics to become more comfortable with them on test day.
i like ur tar

Ha Thanks. The LSAC is less than 15 minutes from where I live. Near a cemetery, also has offices (661 Penn Street) next to Collegeboard.

Went over there a couple of weeks ago. Saw the garages where the trucks deliver all of the exams.

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/1594/9wzm.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img823/2176/b0e9.jpg

IgosduIkana

Bronze

Post by IgosduIkana » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Trojan18940 wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:

i like ur tar

Ha Thanks. The LSAC is less than 15 minutes from where I live. Near a cemetery, also has offices (661 Penn Street) next to Collegeboard.

Went over there a couple of weeks ago. Saw the garages where the trucks deliver all of the exams.

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/1594/9wzm.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img823/2176/b0e9.jpg
It looked a lot more evil in my head. Fascinating.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”