l Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Total Litigator

Silver

Re: Really sad situation.

Post by Total Litigator » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Yeah, I think OP is full of sh**. What college student doesn't know that you can't go back to previous sections... OP blatantly cheated and should punished accordingly.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Total Litigator wrote:Yeah, I think OP is full of sh**. What college student doesn't know that you can't go back to previous sections... OP blatantly cheated and should punished accordingly.
Yeah, I'm not exactly feeling sorry for him.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:17 pm

If good for nothing else, hopefully this thread will at least serve as comfort for people that WANTED to change an answer for a question at the end of previous section while starting the next section due to 2nd guessing something about it but DIDN'T actually do so because they respected the rules and left their original bubbled answer in place, for better or for worse with the testing gods.

I'm sure there were plenty of people that thought about wanting to change an answer or two for rushed questions answered under the gun right before time was called but didn't do it out of fear of getting caught and/or personal integrity. Those people, especially ones that could have gotten an extra point had they broken the rules but didn't, are the ones that would end up getting treated unfairly by LSAC if OP doesn't end up with a misconduct on his report and is simply just forgiven, rather than it being OP getting treated unfairly for being punished if they do put a misconduct flag on his CAS report. Just my thoughts about fairness in the testing process against OPs arguments that being penalized for his 'mistake' would be unfair, it's actually the opposite.

Imagine how 'fair' achieved scores would be if LSAC were to start 'forgiving' people for 'minor' rule violations like this and word got out that it's no big deal if you get caught!?! One or two points per section can make a big difference to a scaled score and people would be changing answers for the last Q or two of sections at the start of the next section as a regular habit if the rules aren't strictly enforced. If you really think about it, if making even just one last minute -after the section is over- answer choice change per section was 'allowed' by lax enforcement of the rule, it would easily lead to a disproportionate increase in the scores of high performing students by up to 4 scaled points! Many 169s would end up being 170-173s, 170s 171-175s, etc. in massive ways across the board in the 160s on up! and that would be really f*cked up and unfair to honorable test takers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”