Anyone else flipping their schedule for the week? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fnma2jd

Bronze

Anyone else flipping their schedule for the week?

Post by fnma2jd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am

Is anyone else flipping their schedule so they get up super early (2am or 3am), making 8:30am part of their "afternoon"? or has anyone tried this? I got this idea from someone on here who had the same issues.

I've done PTs at all hours and find that my weakest one are in the mornings. I'm just not a morning person. I'm going to aim to get up at 2am or 3am on saturday so that I'm fully awake when the time comes. I started easing into it today by getting up 4am and then studying till I had to leave for work. I'll probably be exhausted by 6 or 7 and fall right to sleep.

Otunga

Silver

Re: Anyone else flipping their schedule for the week?

Post by Otunga » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:26 pm

I think if you could get used to sleeping from between 10-11 to between 6-6:30, then you'd have yourself good sleep for the test. It shouldn't take longer than two hours for you to feel 'ready' for the test. Maybe if you just don't test well in the morning, and you have evidence of that in your PTs, then try flipping the schedule. But it comes off as extreme to me if you don't have that evidence.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 am

Getting into the routine of waking up and getting up at the same time of day you will on test day for this last week and taking your PTs this week in the morning starting at about 9:15 like you will on test day is the proper way to deal with this. Many people on the forum already started getting into the same sleep wake cycle they need for test day last week. You still have time to get your circadian rhythms conditioned if you start tomorrow. Trying to make morning your afternoon and getting up in the middle of the night the way you described would be way too extreme. Just start getting up around 6am or whatever time you have to on test day to get ready and get to the test center on time, and take remaining PTs in the morning but nothing more extreme than that.

jared6180

Bronze

Post by jared6180 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:57 am

The things I am willing to try for an extra 2-3 points on this test is insane…but it could be the difference in getting $10k/year and $25k/yr scholarships...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”