Which online company should i use? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gnomgnomuch

Silver

Which online company should i use?

Post by gnomgnomuch » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:42 am

Hey everyone,

I'm an upper junior in college, soon to be a senior. I'm planning on taking the LSAT in June 2014, but between classes and a bunch of other things to take care off I don't really have time to take 2 months and dedicate them to the LSAT. Instead I am opting to study for about 6 months (Jan-June). Unfortunately the only test company that's a reasonable amount of time away from my house is Kaplan, which makes that a no-go. This leaves me with no choice but to do an online course.

I'm deciding between Blueprint and Test masters. I hear positive's about both of them, but I'm torn between the two (as ~1k is not an insignificant amount of money) and don't know which to choose.

If any of you have personal/anecdotal knowledge of the online courses (or even other online courses from different companies) and could share your knowledge, it would be greatly appreciated.

Balthy

Silver

Re: Which online company should i use?

Post by Balthy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:50 am

My vote is for 7sage ALL. THE. EFFIN. WAY.

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:56 am

superdingle2000 wrote:My vote is for 7sage ALL. THE. EFFIN. WAY.
can you elaborate please?

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:03 pm

gnomgnomuch wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm an upper junior in college, soon to be a senior. I'm planning on taking the LSAT in June 2014, but between classes and a bunch of other things to take care off I don't really have time to take 2 months and dedicate them to the LSAT. Instead I am opting to study for about 6 months (Jan-June). Unfortunately the only test company that's a reasonable amount of time away from my house is Kaplan, which makes that a no-go. This leaves me with no choice but to do an online course.

I'm deciding between Blueprint and Test masters. I hear positive's about both of them, but I'm torn between the two (as ~1k is not an insignificant amount of money) and don't know which to choose.

If any of you have personal/anecdotal knowledge of the online courses (or even other online courses from different companies) and could share your knowledge, it would be greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions about our online course (Blueprint), shoot me a PM! I can also check to see if we're currently running a discount on it (which we usually are, especially since it's a holiday week!).

meegee

Bronze

Post by meegee » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:46 pm

I didn't use a prep course, off or online. But I would recommend 7sage as well. I was on the verge of using their services, but by the time I was giving it serious thought, it was already pretty late (about 1 month left till the real exam). I used their free material/stuff, and it's beyond awesome. So their actual course should be much, much better. Check out their website and Youtube page to get a feel of their stuff.

Also, it seems that they're relatively cheap compared to other services.

drevo

Bronze

Post by drevo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 pm

I've only experienced one company so I can't compare to other online courses but I 100% endorse BluePrint. I took their live class and purchased the online option as well. I ended up basically doing the last half of the course online only as it was easier to fit in with school and to go at my own pace. I know the consensus on here is to typically only self study but if you feel you will benefit from the initial structure and can afford it then definitely do it. The first month's structure and schedule really helped me get a solid foundation on everything.

I did supplement my BP course with Manhattans LR and tons of PTs and drills outside of just the homework and I recommend this as well as there were some approaches for LR question types in which I preferred BP and others in which Manhattans worked better with me. I also bought the LG Bible but really never used it except for the end of chapter drills because BP's LG methods were more intuitive to me and really just made sense. As far as RC, BP's method was decent but at least in my experience there is no magic way to teach RC. I tried a lot of different guides (Manhattan, some TLS guides, BP, etc.) and ended up using different bits from each in a way that worked for me. There was definitely no guide that was better than the other's in my opinion. As is said often RC is the hardest to teach.

The online lessons are divided into ~20 minute segments that allow you to go at your own pace and split full lessons up if you don't have 3 hours to do it all in one sitting. Also Matt and Trent do a good job of making the videos entertaining. I have heard great things about 7Sage as well so I am in no way trying to counter those who suggested it, I just have experience with BluePrint.

FWIW I got a 175 (163 diagnostic).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”