Junior February versus Senior October Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
8InchGavel

New

Junior February versus Senior October

Post by 8InchGavel » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Hello everyone, first post.

I would optimally take the LSAT in June between junior and senior year, but as a business student I will be interning and I don't believe I can prepare for an internship and the LSAT AND take time off during the internship to take the test.

So...

I think I want to take it Junior February, studying over Christmas break and most likely retaking in October.

This will give me a baseline score so that I know what are realistic law schools when I have exploding business offers and need to know all my options around September.

The only concern is that I know I will not get my top score in February, and so a retake is implied in this strategy.

I just don't think I can wait till October to receive a score, based on the timeline of applications for law school and acceptance to business jobs.

TLDR: Can't take it in June, can't wait till October, is February too early?

xylocarp

Platinum

Re: Junior February versus Senior October

Post by xylocarp » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Between now and February 8, how much time per day will you have to study? Do you have a lot of finals/other schoolwork that will get in the way? I don't think it's a smart strategy to go in knowing you aren't going to do your best and are going to retake, but I also don't think EVERYONE needs 6 months+ to study, depending on where you start out. Take a practice test in as close to test day conditions as you can simulate. That can serve as your baseline, and it should give you at least some idea of how much you'll have to study based on your goals.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:35 am

studying over Christmas break isn't enough, even if you go to one of those crazy month-long christmas break schools.

However, you didn't ask that. February isn't too early. I took in october thinking I wasn't applying till next year. as long as your score won't be so old you have to retake, then it doesn't matter.

that being said, I would not go into the application process knowing you have to retake or prepare for your apps knowing no matter what you will have 2 scores. even tho they don't care, the optimal score is one. if anything, you'll be out $165 and a saturday if you take in february knowing you'll need to retake.

JWP1022

Bronze

Post by JWP1022 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Don't go K-JD hth

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm

JWP1022 wrote:Don't go K-JD hth
:cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”