stamina problem? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawkid12345

New

stamina problem?

Post by lawkid12345 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:41 pm

hey new poster and long-time lurker here,

I am signed up to take the december lsat and had a question regarding test taking stamina.

I noticed that whenever I take a PT (5 sections with a break after the 3rd), I tend to do poorly on the 2nd LR if it happens after the break. I consistently get -1 to -3 on LR every other time it occurs, so obviously I am a concerned with how to prevent this meltdown after the break.

It only happens on LR since my LG and RC seem to stay consistent at -0/1 and -2/4 respectively.

This seems to be keeping me from consistently being in the 170s and I would really appreciate any insight you guys might have.

Thanks!

Jeffort

Gold

Re: stamina problem?

Post by Jeffort » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Be more conscientious to make sure you focus 100% on the second LR section and don't skip steps in the analysis just because you feel less energetic than during the first three sections. All it takes is for you to ease up your level of concentration a little bit here and there to cause a handful of careless mistakes that cost points.

Carefully review the questions you get wrong to determine the exact reasons/mistakes you made so you can identify how fatigue is altering your analysis and decision making processes. Once you figure out what types of mistakes you are commonly making, take action to prevent repeating those mistakes.

bobtheblob916

New

Post by bobtheblob916 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:15 am

Do an extra LR section or two everyday along with your PT-ing. Time yourself.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:23 am

What worked for me when I was prepping was to do a 5sectionPT with no breaks of exclusively one section...... like say, LR or RC... itll help boost your endurance ( but you may want to start with 2 back to back LR/RC sections with only a minute break in between and then work your way up

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Yep, building stamina requires doing more than you'd do on test day. So when drilling, try to do 30 LR questions instead of 25, etc...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze

Post by ShrimpToastMasters » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm

I had that problem originally as well - especially since I was really focusing on the sections I was the worst at.

To address the issue: For three weeks before the test, I did six sections (subbing a LG/LR/RC section for the essay and adding one to simulate the experimental) every night. After work. It was awful. I burned out at the end of the three weeks, took a week off with NO studying or PTs, and did one full test two days before the exam. I think it really helped because, with the added adrenalin of taking the real thing, on test day I was able to hyper-focus through the whole test. Except when writing the essay. Because that shit was stupid.

Wrong Marx

New

Post by Wrong Marx » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:51 pm

I heard that doing a 6-section practice test under timed conditions was also a good way to improve stamina, but I'm not sure when to take the break? Would I still take the break after the third section (and do three after the break), or take the break after the fourth section (with two after the break)? Is there a proctor simulation that has six sections?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:46 am

either forego the break, or take the break after section 3

meegee

Bronze

Post by meegee » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Only way is to do more. Do more testing condition PTs. When drilling/practicing, do them in chunks. Back-to-back RC, back-to-back LR, or 30 LR questions at once.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IgosduIkana

Bronze

Post by IgosduIkana » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:56 am

meegee wrote:Only way is to do more. Do more testing condition PTs. When drilling/practicing, do them in chunks. Back-to-back RC, back-to-back LR, or 30 LR questions at once.
TITCR. Also, kegel exercises.

Force J.D.'s

New

Post by Force J.D.'s » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Last edited by Force J.D.'s on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:00 pm

IgosduIkana wrote:
meegee wrote:Only way is to do more. Do more testing condition PTs. When drilling/practicing, do them in chunks. Back-to-back RC, back-to-back LR, or 30 LR questions at once.
TITCR. Also, kegel exercises.
I was waiting for someone to pounce on that title...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”