Drilling Cambridge LR twice? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Hemenway

New

Drilling Cambridge LR twice?

Post by Hemenway » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Has anyone found it helpful to drill Cambridge LR twice??

I drilled LR (Difficulty 1-3) after each chapter of Manhattan LR back in July.. I'm currently at around -5/-6 combined but I still struggle with timing (I usually barely finish on time).

When I blind review I usually get -0 to -2 combined but I'm discouraged that timing is still an issue..

Incidentally, do you guys think I should try solving Qs 15-25/26 first, and then solve the first 14 Qs last?? (I can do 10 questions in 10 minutes but I can't seem to get 15 in 15..)

wtrc

Gold

Re: Drilling Cambridge LR twice?

Post by wtrc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Hemenway wrote:Has anyone found it helpful to drill Cambridge LR twice??

I drilled LR (Difficulty 1-3) after each chapter of Manhattan LR back in July.. I'm currently at around -5/-6 combined but I still struggle with timing (I usually barely finish on time).

When I blind review I usually get -0 to -2 combined but I'm discouraged that timing is still an issue..

Incidentally, do you guys think I should try solving Qs 15-25/26 first, and then solve the first 14 Qs last?? (I can do 10 questions in 10 minutes but I can't seem to get 15 in 15..)
Absolutely drill twice, or three times, especially if there are particular things causing you trouble (parallel, parallel flaw, whatever).

Can't speak to doing the section in a different order, I haven't really tried. But each question counts for the same, so it seems to intuitively make sense to do the easy ones first, rather than spending time on difficult ones that are less sure points and risking the chance of not getting to the easy (almost free points) ones.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”