LSATs Abroad - Administered in English? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BillsFan9907

Silver

LSATs Abroad - Administered in English?

Post by BillsFan9907 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 am

Are the LSATs administered abroad administered in English or the native language? Just curious. Thought it would be a fun question to ask.
Last edited by BillsFan9907 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Re: Taking the LSAT Abroad

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:22 am

Seoulless wrote:I'm currently living in Europe. I was wondering if they test is universally administered in English? I understand that obviously all the information on the booklet is in English, but what language will the proctors generally speak?
yes, everyone speaks English. The administrators appear to be ex-pats. I've taken it in both Paris and Istanbul. It's the same everywhere. The only thing is you don't get the score report that tells you how many you got wrong in each section which kinda sucks. Maybe they changed that though.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:45 am

[quote="Seoulless"][/quote]

The lead proctor is required to follow a set script from the Test Supervisor's Manual, which is in English.
Last edited by neprep on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobtheblob916

New

Post by bobtheblob916 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 am

Yeah, it's all in English. I took it in Australia and the proctors were Aussies (a very sweet old couple, in fact).

The actual test will be different, though. And you won't get your response sheet back, as in you won't know which questions/how many you got wrong. Just your straight LSAT score.

bobtheblob916

New

Post by bobtheblob916 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 am

yes, everyone speaks English. The administrators appear to be ex-pats. I've taken it in both Paris and Istanbul. It's the same everywhere. The only thing is you don't get the score report that tells you how many you got wrong in each section which kinda sucks. Maybe they changed that though.

Nah, they haven't changed it. Got my October results just today and it's a blank sheet, with just an empty chart and an LSAT. I imagine it can be really frustrating if you want to retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:11 pm

bobtheblob916 wrote:Yeah, it's all in English. I took it in Australia and the proctors were Aussies (a very sweet old couple, in fact).

The actual test will be different, though. And you won't get your response sheet back, as in you won't know which questions/how many you got wrong. Just your straight LSAT score.
Three years ago Paris was run by a mean old dude. He went ballistic on a girl because she put her pencil down a fraction of a second after he called time and was constantly saying he had the authority to kick us out. Istanbul was cool though. You can also petition for special testing locations if you are very far from a published site. We tried to get a testing location in Iraq but they didn't go for it.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:12 pm

The test is different internationally?

:\ cause If I decide to withdraw December and take Feb i'll be taking it in India.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:15 pm

tofuspeedstar wrote:The test is different internationally?

:\ cause If I decide to withdraw December and take Feb i'll be taking it in India.
No it's the same. It's just you don't get the full score report that lists how many you get wrong in various sections. Just the score.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Tofu, the test is different in that you won't the same test form everyone in North America will have. I took the test abroad too, and I didn't see the word "prions" on my test anywhere.

Also taking the test abroad in February is irrelevant, because even in North America a February test score won't come with any disclosures such as a fully fleshed-out IRR or a disclosure book.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Would you say you saw pretty much what you expected?
Last edited by BillsFan9907 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Damn. Were you in the armed forces?
Last edited by BillsFan9907 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobtheblob916

New

Post by bobtheblob916 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:15 am

No it's the same. It's just you don't get the full score report that lists how many you get wrong in various sections. Just the score.

I'm fairly certain it's different. I went through the Oct Waiting thread right after the test, and had NO IDEA what anyone was hinting at. There were no prions, and nobody mentioned that awful ship excavation passage, whereas they did in the International test thread.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:17 am

Seoulless wrote:
neprep wrote:

Tofu, the test is different in that you won't the same test form everyone in North America will have. I took the test abroad too, and I didn't see the word "prions" on my test anywhere.

Also taking the test abroad in February is irrelevant, because even in North America a February test score won't come with any disclosures such as a fully fleshed-out IRR or a disclosure book.
Yep, it was exactly as I expected. The overseas test is basically just an undisclosed February exam used in North America a few years prior to its administration overseas. It sucks not knowing what you missed on the test, but honestly it avoids that agony of "if I could have just _______ I would have _______."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”