please delete Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
aka1

New

please delete

Post by aka1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:05 pm

edit
Last edited by aka1 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Re: Scored way lower on LSAT than any of my PTs - suggestions?

Post by iamgeorgebush » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Just retake and reuse the materials. Reusing materials can actually be helpful in some ways.
Last edited by iamgeorgebush on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CookieDough

Bronze

Post by CookieDough » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:25 pm

aka1 wrote:[my first post ever]

I just got my score back for the October LSAT - a 164. This came as a shock given that in my last few PTs leading up to my LSAT, I was scoring between 169 - 175, with an average of about 172-173.
This. That's exactly what happened to me. I'm planning on reusing old PTs and maybe checking out some other materials (I used powerscore) but any advice would be super appreciated!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:06 am

Start by carefully reviewing the test to figure out all the things you messed up and try to figure out why. That means looking carefully at every LR and RC wrong answer you picked to try to figure out what went wrong, what things you failed to do that led to picking a trap answer or a really dumb answer if you didn't select the main attractive trap, etc. to at least see if some of your answers were due to really dumb mistakes or due to getting fooled by good trap answers.

Of course look at the games to see what went on with those too, but that is more about figuring out problems you had with figuring out the games and important deductions than just focusing on the individual questions you got wrong to find specific mistakes in each question since it's harder to pinpoint precise reasons for individual LG questions so long after taking the test.

Get started there to really figure out what went wrong in comparison to your practice tests where you scored much higher. You obviously did something differently on test day with your decision making processes than when you took your PTs, so you must figure out what you did and didn't do that was different that lead to picking more wrong answers than usual. There are always reasons, must figure them all out in order to know how to better handle it when you re-take so it doesn't happen again.

foreverhoping

New

Post by foreverhoping » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 am

aka1 wrote:[my first post ever]

I just got my score back for the October LSAT - a 164. This came as a shock given that in my last few PTs leading up to my LSAT, I was scoring between 169 - 175, with an average of about 172-173. In fact, I have never even scored close to a 164 on the past 40 PTs I've taken.

I left the test knowing I had not performed my best (I messed up on the LG section when I usually almost always get a perfect score on that section), but given my scores on my PTs, I left thinking I would score a 170 or 169, worst case scenario.

I can take the LSAT again, however I am not quite sure how to prepare for it - I have already used up pretty much all the released PTs, 'Bibles', and other prep books. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
exactly what happened to me. i know i can do better based on PTs but so tempted to apply with my 165 and see how things work out...

CookieDough

Bronze

Post by CookieDough » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:07 am

foreverhoping wrote: exactly what happened to me. i know i can do better based on PTs but so tempted to apply with my 165 and see how things work out...
Depending on your goals and GPA that might not be a bad idea... For me personally my GPA is dragging down my applications, so a retake is in order.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”