"Official" PT Scores vs. Blind Review Scores Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
theycallmefoes

Bronze

"Official" PT Scores vs. Blind Review Scores

Post by theycallmefoes » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:47 pm

I used to be skeptical of the whole "blind review" strategy - I figured review was review, as long as you understood why you were wrong and why the right answer was correct. While that's obviously necessary, I've been doing blind review lately, and I've found that it's actually a beneficial strategy. It makes me question and analyze my own thought process and creates this kind of underlying self-awareness of slow improvement. (I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I think it's helping - I suggest trying it, and if you have no clue what I'm talking about, check out 7sage's Youtube explanation.)

Anyway, I've been using 7sage's LSAT grader which allows you to score both your timed PT answers and your blind review answers/revisions. Another plus: it's a great confidence booster, because it makes you more aware of your true potential. While it's frustrating to know that the -4 (for example) on that RC section would have been a -0 if you had more time, it's also oddly reassuring and fulfilling, because it shows you that that high score is in you, and there are just a few leftover kinks to be ironed.

Which brings me to my question: how do you close the gap between your "official" PT scores and blind review scores? Will it just close on its own with more practice? I've been consistently scoring 3-5 points higher on my blind review lately - usually around 166-169 on the first pass and always in the 170s on the blind review (BR average of 172 with a peak of 174). Realizing this prompted me to pull out of the October exam and register for December instead.

I really need a 170+ this December, prefer a 172, and dream of a 175. Also, timing is still a huge wild card for me - I can finish an LR section in as few as 27 minutes (which, for me, is fantastic) or, once, in as long as 39 minutes (D:) and still miss the same amount.

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Re: "Official" PT Scores vs. Blind Review Scores

Post by iamgeorgebush » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:42 am

From what you've said, honestly practice makes perfect. Wherever you're scoring in BR, you can get there eventually. Whether you will get there by December depends on how much time you can devote.

theycallmefoes

Bronze

Re: "Official" PT Scores vs. Blind Review Scores

Post by theycallmefoes » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 am

iamgeorgebush wrote:From what you've said, honestly practice makes perfect. Wherever you're scoring in BR, you can get there eventually. Whether you will get there by December depends on how much time you can devote.
Thanks for the reply! Honestly, that's what I figured. I am wondering, though, what the best strategy for the next few weeks would be. I could do a combination of drilling (via Cambridge) and PTs, or I may just PT, PT, PT as much as I can. Thoughts?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”