Logic Games Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mr.Esquire

New

Logic Games

Post by Mr.Esquire » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Are there any other resources then prep tests and the bible to practice these kinds of questions. Are there books that just have question after question that are similar to this or use the same reasoning skills?

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Logic Games

Post by Jeffort » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:18 am

Mr.Esquire wrote:Are there any other resources then prep tests and the bible to practice these kinds of questions. Are there books that just have question after question that are similar to this or use the same reasoning skills?
Some companies have fake LSAT games they've made up to be similar to LSAT logic games but they don't have the same rhythm and flow of types of deductions and similar ways to solutions for questions. Only authentic LSAT games are good for LSAT specific practice for improvement purposes.

If you just want stuff to work your raw deductive powers you can try sudoku but it in no way helps solidify LSAT specific LG strategies.

I hope the almost 300 real LSAT games available is more than enough for you to study and practice to get good at them. If not, you are using them wrong.

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 am

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

jordan15

Bronze

Post by jordan15 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 am

I'd recommend staring at the beginning. The first logic games are a lot different than the last 20 or so tests and while I think they teach valuable logical skills, you don't want to do those right before your actual lsat. Learn logic games by going through the first games and when you get closer to the LSAT you can use the recent ones for PTs, as these will be almost identical to the type you will see on the actual test.

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Post by iamgeorgebush » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Ace the LSAT Logic Games is alright if you need extra material, as are the Manhattan "challenge" games (which are, oddly enough, on the Cambridge website somewhere). Most of those games are much harder than the games you will encounter on the actual test, though, so don't beat yourself up too much if it takes you forever to complete them.

But you shouldn't plan on using that material if you don't have to...I only used it because I was retaking in October and had at that point already done every single game, most of them multiple times, so I wanted some fresh games to make sure I wasn't just remembering the old ones. If possible, just do all the earlier games multiple times, leaving 60-70 fresh for the couple weeks leading up to the test, and don't practice with third-party material.
Last edited by iamgeorgebush on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:10 pm

These aren't the same as LG on the LSAT, but if you're looking for similar types of puzzles, your best bet is http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Posh-Logic ... 0740778609

You'll have to practice with actual games to develop a system to use on the LSAT and an approach to the specific questions, but those games test the same analytic skills that the LGs test. They shouldn't make up a majority of your study, but if you're on a subway a lot, it's a solid thing to spend your time on.

As others have stated, however, and to repeat myself yet again, nothing replaces prepping with actual games.

SecondWind

Bronze

Post by SecondWind » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Mr.Esquire wrote:Are there any other resources then prep tests and the bible to practice these kinds of questions. Are there books that just have question after question that are similar to this or use the same reasoning skills?
Some companies have fake LSAT games they've made up to be similar to LSAT logic games but they don't have the same rhythm and flow of types of deductions and similar ways to solutions for questions. Only authentic LSAT games are good for LSAT specific practice for improvement purposes.

If you just want stuff to work your raw deductive powers you can try sudoku but it in no way helps solidify LSAT specific LG strategies.

I hope the almost 300 real LSAT games available is more than enough for you to study and practice to get good at them. If not, you are using them wrong.
For the most part he's right. However, there actually is an LG somewhere in 1-38 that is basically a sudoku, but I wouldn't recommend using valuable time to study it.

As far as the best NONauthentic LG, I would say check out some of Steve's at the LSAT Blog lsatblog.blogspot.com He puts some twists on his that can prepare you for the unexpected. For instance, he has one game where multiple entities start with the same first couple letters, so it's pretty wicked when you're trying to keep them straight and diagram them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”