Another should I cancel thread...please advise! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bombaysippin

Gold

Another should I cancel thread...please advise!

Post by bombaysippin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:27 am

boy am i dumb!
Last edited by bombaysippin on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldenflash19

Silver

Re: Another should I cancel thread...please advise!

Post by goldenflash19 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 am

As long as you feel like you didn't completely bomb those sections you rushed, I'd stick it out and see your score. With almost all schools not averaging, I wouldn't waste a take on a cancel unless you were completely positive there's no chance of improvement.

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Post by iamgeorgebush » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:50 am

I agree with goldenflash. It doesn't sound like you completely bombed, and with most schools not averaging, there's not much risk in waiting to see what you have.
Last edited by iamgeorgebush on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoMettaMonk

Silver

Post by MoMettaMonk » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Schools take the high score, and a cancel doesn't give you an extra retake in your 2 year period. Since nothing extraordinary happened during your test and it sounds like you have the general "holy crap what did I do?" that we're all feeling, I'd suggest just waiting to see your score.

AnonymousAlterEgoC

Bronze

Post by AnonymousAlterEgoC » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't think you provided enough information about your PTs and expectations for us to give you good advice. Assuming you are hoping for a 170, it is still, of course, completely possible that you were at that mark or slightly above it. I agree with the other posters. I'm also panicking even though I finished every section.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jordan15

Bronze

Post by jordan15 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Why did you omit an answer??

No schools average so you have nothing to lose by keeping your score.

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:00 pm

jordan15 wrote:Why did you omit an answer??

No schools average so you have nothing to lose by keeping your score.
It wasn't on purpose. I found out when I got my scores back that I had left a question blank, but during the test in June, I don't remember leaving anything blank so I must have just blacked out that memory.

As for prep, I've gone through almost every prep test from 1-69. The most recent ones ranging from 50s and up I've done twice because I had prepped for June. Always did 5 section tests, with the exception of a few times where I was just super tired and didn't want to include an experimental. I never noticed too much fatigue so I knew if I did a 4 section PT a couple times, it wouldn't screw me for the real thing.

LG is consistently -0 or -1 (depending on a mis read or careless error).
LR was terribad at first. I was going from anywhere from -8 to -12 for both sections total (not in each). I got this down to -2 to -5 before October. I've used cambridge packets for all types of LR questions, got Manhattan LR, and have used the LSAT Trainer for LR practice/drilling too.
RC is ehh like a lot of other people. Generally around -4 or -5, but on bad days I've done -9 and on super good days I've gone -0. I've used Manhattan for this, but then kind of came up with my own system that seemed to help me work better.

Last 5 PTs I averaged 173. I've hit 180 twice, but not on the most recent PTs. Lowest PT score I've gotten since my June exam was a 164 once out of about 30+ PTs. Otherwise every PT has been above my real LSAT score of 165 in June.

I went into October thinking I was in a good place and that I had prepped a lot better than I did for June, but I know for sure I felt a lot more nervous for this exam than June. Not sure why, but I know I've been just super afraid of doing worse than I had in June so I'm thinking I probably let that get to me, especially during the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”