LSAT prep classes abroad? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Yazzzay

Bronze

LSAT prep classes abroad?

Post by Yazzzay » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Hey! I was wondering if anyone has taken any LSAT classes abroad. The only thing I've found near me is Manhattan Elite Prep, and honestly I haven't heard too many reviews about that. It would only be a once a week class too for about 5 hours each time, 8 weeks. Anyone taken it and would recommend them?

Or has anyone done online classes? powerscore/kaplan/anything else?

Thanks!

drevo

Bronze

Re: LSAT prep classes abroad?

Post by drevo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 pm

I just finished with BluePrint and while I did have the live class I also bought the option of having access to the online course (which is exactly what you would use if you were to go that route) and if you are looking for a prep course than I can definitely recommend it. Due to school and the preferring to go at my own pace and what not I gradually started using mainly the online course instead of going to the live classes so I have a pretty strong understanding of what the online only course is like. TLSers are generally going to tell you just to self prep which is understandable and I think I would probably have been just fine had I only self prepped. But, I did find the initial structure of a class very useful. Towards the last month when covering new material was done for me and I switched my focus to PTs the structure was less important because by that point I was already on track in my head.

The online tools for BP are pretty useful and Matt and Trent who do the video courses make them as entertaining as possible given the topics. I have only ever taken BP so I cannot compare it to anything else. As far as lessons per week and such for mine it was 2 lessons a week (4 hours each) for the first month and a half or so and then the last month is one lesson a week with PTs every weekend.

BP has definitely helped me though I did do a lot of self studying and PTing outside of just the homework and proctored PTs they provided. Just to comment on the quality of methods I really liked most of the methods for LR and think their LG is the best approach I have seen (I read the PS Bible and greatly prefer BP). Reading Comp is Reading Comp so while some of the stuff helped it is just naturally a harder section to teach than the other two. So if you're feeling like an online course is something worthwhile for you I would highly recommend checking out BP.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: LSAT prep classes abroad?

Post by LSAT Blog » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:22 am

5-hour class sessions? Those are long classes! Much better to have shorter class sessions multiple times per week. There's only so much you can digest at once, so you get diminishing marginal returns as class length increases.

If that's the only class near you, you're probably better off with an online option.

Please let me know if you have any questions about my online video classes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”