Starting LR in the middle? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JKrolRU

New

Starting LR in the middle?

Post by JKrolRU » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm

I've noticed a pattern on my practice tests that I get most of the questions i get wrong are usually number 10-20, has anyone started LR in the middle, say starting at problem 10 and work forward and then back, any input would be great!!!

JWP1022

Bronze

Re: Starting LR in the middle?

Post by JWP1022 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:08 pm

I wouldn't. Try to get the first 15 questions done in 15 minutes, giving you 20 minutes to complete questions 15-25/26, which are generally a little bit harder.

Doing the 15 easier questions first generally feels like a good "warm up" for the harder questions.

meegee

Bronze

Post by meegee » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Each question is worth the same amount of points, whether it's an easy LR or a difficult LR.

Ideally, you want to maximize your time and points by completing all the easy questions first, and then doing the harder ones.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:35 pm

meegee wrote:Each question is worth the same amount of points, whether it's an easy LR or a difficult LR.

Ideally, you want to maximize your time and points by completing all the easy questions first, and then doing the harder ones.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:03 pm

meegee wrote:Each question is worth the same amount of points, whether it's an easy LR or a difficult LR.

If the entire LSAT were one long LR section, then I might start in the middle and save the easier question for the end when I'm getting tired.

But as it is, I start from the beginning. That lets you get the most points in the shortest amount of time, and with the easier questions out of the way, you know you can spend the rest of the section on the harder questions, rather than starting in the middle and having to predict when you have to stop and go back to begin the easy questions.

AAJD2B

Silver

Post by AAJD2B » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm

I start in the middle and have found it works best for saving time and increasing my accuracy. I prefer to work on the difficult questions first as I am more alert and less mentally drained at the start of a section. I also can afford to rush, if need be, on the easier questions. I cannot afford to do this with harder questions which require more attention to detail.

At the end of the day, you must experiment to see what works best for you. HTH.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”