... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cunninghat

New

Post by cunninghat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Last edited by cunninghat on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Best way to check your work for LG and RC?

Post by bp shinners » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

cunninghat wrote:Is there a consensus way that you should go about marking/checking questions that will lead to you catching the maximum number of errors possible?

I'm getting pretty good with timing (usually have 2-3 minutes left in most sections), and I'm really just trying to capture the last few points to hit the mid to high 170s.
While I can check LR questions relatively easily (I'll mark and then check the individual questions since they are all independent of each other), I'm not so sure how to check a difficult game or a dense passage since it requires re-diagramming or rereading to be certain. Ultimately, I guess spending more time the first time through and being certain is an option, but if you have a few minutes left, how do you go about checking RC and LG?
LG - you should have all your work clearly written on the page, with your setup in one area and each question in its own little box, separated from everything else. It should be easy to find your work for a given question and check it because it should be a discrete section of the page. This will also help you the first time through, as an organized LG page reflects an organized mind (/Kung-Fu like koan).

You should also know which questions you're most likely to get wrong - those would be could be true questions for LG.

RC - If you got the main point/big picture questions wrong the first time through, you're in trouble. You should mainly be checking any specific reference question for which you didn't find the specific reference. Go back to the passage and find the line cite for your answer. You should also check your answers to make sure you didn't fall for any equivocations - this is especially important in science passages, where they might switch between electro-and mechanoreceptors, for example, to confuse you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”