Rc macro questions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
elg

New

Rc macro questions

Post by elg » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 pm

I have been having an issue with Rc macro question, excluding main point questions. The ones I am talking about have to do with how a paragraph fits into the passage, or if this happens how would the author react, etc. I seem to always get it down to 2 answer each, neither of which I am really satisfied with. I have gone through most of the prep books suggested on this forum and still have issues with these. Does anyone have any suggestions or strategies they use that seem to work for them?

I have been averaging about 6 to 10 wrong on my last pts and about half of these come from RC. I feel like I have hit my limit on rc. Unlike other sections rc seems to be able to hide harder questions from me. I circle questions I find tough while taking a test and my wrong answers are almost always the ones I knew we're difficult, except in the rc section. Any general tips on this?

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Rc macro questions

Post by bp shinners » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:44 pm

elg wrote:I have been having an issue with Rc macro question, excluding main point questions. The ones I am talking about have to do with how a paragraph fits into the passage, or if this happens how would the author react, etc. I seem to always get it down to 2 answer each, neither of which I am really satisfied with. I have gone through most of the prep books suggested on this forum and still have issues with these. Does anyone have any suggestions or strategies they use that seem to work for them?

I have been averaging about 6 to 10 wrong on my last pts and about half of these come from RC. I feel like I have hit my limit on rc. Unlike other sections rc seems to be able to hide harder questions from me. I circle questions I find tough while taking a test and my wrong answers are almost always the ones I knew we're difficult, except in the rc section. Any general tips on this?
Are you taking a few seconds after each paragraph, or when it becomes apparent during the paragraph, to note the role of that paragraph in the overall passage? Your tag should relate to a viewpoint, and be something like "studies for biologist conclusion" or something similar. Occasionally, the tag will be "background info", but otherwise you should have it related to at least one of the viewpoints. This should help with the big picture questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”