Taking Notes During Prep Material Review Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
XicaDaSilva

New

Taking Notes During Prep Material Review

Post by XicaDaSilva » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 pm

Hey TLSers, I have a question:

Did (or do) you take notes during Phase One of your LSAT prep? I'm currently going through the prep materials for the first time (LGB, LRB, MLSAT, etc.) and I find it intuitive and helpful to take notes as I read. When I pick up the next day, I just review the notes from the previous day or few days, which gives me a quick refresher. I also feel that it helps solidify the material in my mind. I'm concerned, however, that this may be too time consuming to do for the long-term. What are your thoughts?

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Taking Notes During Prep Material Review

Post by Jeffort » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:59 pm

XicaDaSilva wrote:Hey TLSers, I have a question:

Did (or do) you take notes during Phase One of your LSAT prep? I'm currently going through the prep materials for the first time (LGB, LRB, MLSAT, etc.) and I find it intuitive and helpful to take notes as I read. When I pick up the next day, I just review the notes from the previous day or few days, which gives me a quick refresher. I also feel that it helps solidify the material in my mind. I'm concerned, however, that this may be too time consuming to do for the long-term. What are your thoughts?
What you are doing is good, keep doing it.

It's important to go through the materials thoroughly for both understanding and retention. Taking notes and reviewing as you go is very helpful to really learn the stuff and ingrain it into your thought process. Imagine if you went through the materials faster and didn't take notes and really process what you read, do you think you would learn it is well? Of course you wouldn't. Quality learning is more important than how fast you power through the materials so don't stress about note taking slowing you down, in the long run it will eventually speed up your learning rate in terms of how quickly you see results with improved performance when solving questions.

Don't shortcut the all important building your LSAT foundation phase just to get to doing timed practice sooner like many people mistakenly do.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”