How do you distinguish WRONG RC answers? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
meat tornado

New

How do you distinguish WRONG RC answers?

Post by meat tornado » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:50 am

I've been studying for almost a year, and I have show absolutely no improvement in Reading Comprehension. I've practiced, I've read every TLS guide, gone through the Manhattan and Powerscore guides, tried the 7sage memory method, and NOTHING has helped me get better.

My issue is that most RC help focuses on retaining passage structure and reading speed. I don't need help in those areas. My trouble lies in picking out right and wrong answers. I don't understand any of the subtle nuances that make or break the toughest questions, even after I read the Manhattan help threads. The reasoning just seems arbitrary, and I feel as if I could make a compelling argument in support of the all of my wrong answer choices. Is there any method to the RC madness? I know dozens of people here get consistent -0--how?????? Should I splurge on some private RC tutoring?

I'm sorry if this comes off as sort of a rant, I'm just contemplating giving up on RC :(

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:13 am

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: How do you distinguish WRONG RC answers?

Post by bp shinners » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 pm

2 rules:
1) When in doubt, pick the weaker answer choice.
2) Watch out for equivocation.

Wrong answer choices are almost always either too weak, or they feature some type of shift in what is being discussed that matters to the question.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”