PT 21 Section 1 Question 2 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Trig

Bronze

PT 21 Section 1 Question 2

Post by Trig » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm

The credited answer is B, but B must be true (I think) while the question asks for what could be true.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: PT 21 Section 1 Question 2

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Southbridge wrote:The credited answer is B, but B must be true (I think) while the question asks for what could be true.

I'm not looking at a PT, but if something must be true, it also could be true. It falls somewhere on the possible scale.

Something that must be true can't be false, but it could be true.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Southbridge wrote:The credited answer is B, but B must be true (I think) while the question asks for what could be true.

Yeah for this one it's the somewhat rare occurrence where something that could be true is also something that must be true. S or V can't go with L to make a double otherwise one of them (S or V) would constitute a single which would be a violation of one of the rules. Also, S and V can't be together with L because L can't be part of a triple. So B must be true.

Trig

Bronze

Post by Trig » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:41 pm

With R forced to be a single, and KP needing to be an exclusive double, doesn't E need to be true also, i.e. there will be two exactly two doubles because LST can't work and neither S nor T can be on their own?

And if there must be exactly two doubles why is B credited over E?

Thanks!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Southbridge wrote:With R forced to be a single, and KP needing to be an exclusive double, doesn't E need to be true also, i.e. there will be two exactly two doubles because LST can't work and neither S nor T can be on their own?

And if there must be exactly two doubles why is B credited over E?

Thanks!
STV could make a triple, R could be the single, KP together for the double, and L alone for a single. Neither of S/V/T can make a double because then one of them would have to be alone which is not allowed OR one of them would have to be with L, but then there would be three rooms with doubles. Also, B is actually a could be true, because there's no reason why S/V/T cannot go with L to make a double.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”