doesn't RC have the potential to be everyones best section? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
flash21

Gold

doesn't RC have the potential to be everyones best section?

Post by flash21 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:16 pm

I don't know if I am wording this confusingly, but wouldn't it make the most sense? The answers are all there for you - but its just a matter of finding them, and making note of key details and structure. I feel as though these answers can be answered most confidently, in comparison to an LR sect.

Just wondering because everyone -(well a lot of us) seems to accept RC as their worst section (including myself), but I'm really beginning to question why!

Kimikho

Gold

Re: doesn't RC have the potential to be everyones best section?

Post by Kimikho » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Dude, the LSAT is a logic test. All the answers are in the stimulus/game/passage, not just RC.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:54 pm

No, because not everyone has the same level of English comprehension skills and ability to properly process and understand fairly dense material designed to test higher level reading skills. There is a reason the section type is called reading comprehension instead of 'reading skillz- find matching sentences and phrases'

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Jeffort wrote:No, because not everyone has the same level of English comprehension skills and ability to properly process and understand fairly dense material designed to test higher level reading skills. There is a reason the section type is called reading comprehension instead of 'reading skillz- find matching sentences and phrases'
That latter sentence made me laugh.

Wouldn't it be great if the RC section were five minutes longer? I know I'd be -0/-1 at that point. But it's not. And so time management is such a major concern on RC, which makes it tough. This applies to all sections of the test to most people to varying degrees, granted.

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”