5th Experimental Section For PTs? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Aspirant.

New

5th Experimental Section For PTs?

Post by Aspirant. » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am

Hi, I am trying to plan my prep but had some questions. 1. When doing full, timed PTs, how important is it to include a fifth experimental section? 2. What material should I use for the fifth experimental section for PTs 39-68 if I am going to exhaust 1-38 in their entirety drilling Cambridge packets? Thanks, any feedback is much appreciated.
Last edited by Aspirant. on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

mindarmed

Silver

Re: 5th Experimental Section for PTs?

Post by mindarmed » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:19 am

Aspirant. wrote:Hi, I am trying to plan my prep but had some questions. 1. When doing full, timed PTs, how important is it to include a fifth experimental section? 2. What material should I use for the fifth experimental section for PTs 39-68 if I am going to exhaust 1-38 in their entirety drilling Cambridge packets? Thanks, any feedback is much appreciated.
(1) Yes, always use an experimental section when you PT.
(2) I'd recommend using the section you find most difficult as the experimental to simulate the worst case scenario on test day.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:25 am

And when you get an idea of what arrangement of sections is worst for you (mine is probably is RC, LR, LG, LR), then simulate that as much as you can. So the shittiest arrangement for me on test day would probably be RC, RC to start. So once I start testing with experimentals, that's what I'm gonna do. I also drilled four RC sections in a row the other day. Do stuff like this and you limit the bad contingencies of test day.

Aspirant.

New

Post by Aspirant. » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:40 am

armedwithamind wrote: (1) Yes, always use an experimental section when you PT.
(2) I'd recommend using the section you find most difficult as the experimental to simulate the worst case scenario on test day.
Otunga wrote:And when you get an idea of what arrangement of sections is worst for you (mine is probably is RC, LR, LG, LR), then simulate that as much as you can. So the shittiest arrangement for me on test day would probably be RC, RC to start. So once I start testing with experimentals, that's what I'm gonna do. I also drilled four RC sections in a row the other day. Do stuff like this and you limit the bad contingencies of test day.
What material do I use for the experimental though? I understand that you are advising to do material from my worst section, however do I pull it from the questions I have already drilled? What is the point of doing an experimental section that I have extensively drilled already?

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Aspirant. wrote:
armedwithamind wrote: (1) Yes, always use an experimental section when you PT.
Otunga wrote:And when you get an idea of what arrangement of sections is worst for you (mine is probably is RC, LR, LG, LR), then simulate that as much as you can. So the shittiest arrangement for me on test day would probably be RC, RC to start. So once I start testing with experimentals, that's what I'm gonna do. I also drilled four RC sections in a row the other day. Do stuff like this and you limit the bad contingencies of test day.
What material do I use for the experimental though? I understand that you are advising to do material from my worst section, however do I pull it from the questions I have already drilled? What is the point of doing an experimental section that I have extensively drilled already?
Well, it's still valuable, just not as valuable when it's not fresh material. You still are forced to build up stamina and get through that extra section. Use as much fresh material as you can for them, but don't purposely save stuff for experimentals if it means sacrificing materials you need for drilling. Drilling is more important at this rate. No point completing 5-section tests if you can't own a 4-section test.

Aspirant.

New

Post by Aspirant. » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Otunga wrote: Well, it's still valuable, just not as valuable when it's not fresh material. You still are forced to build up stamina and get through that extra section. Use as much fresh material as you can for them, but don't purposely save stuff for experimentals if it means sacrificing materials you need for drilling. Drilling is more important at this rate. No point completing 5-section tests if you can't own a 4-section test.
Thank you this is what I wanted to know.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”