PT 7 kicked my ass Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MiracleNeeded

Bronze

PT 7 kicked my ass

Post by MiracleNeeded » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 am

I dropped 7 points from my highest score doing test 7. The LR kicked my balls in and most people say it's a joke. I have gotten as low as minus 2 on the 50s tests but got a minute 9 on this one.

Also, I was better at the games which people say are harder on the old tests. What gives?

Otunga

Silver

Re: PT 7 kicked my ass

Post by Otunga » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:45 am

MiracleNeeded wrote:I dropped 7 points from my highest score doing test 7. The LR kicked my balls in and most people say it's a joke. I have gotten as low as minus 2 on the 50s tests but got a minute 9 on this one.

Also, I was better at the games which people say are harder on the old tests. What gives?
Who says LR is particularly a joke on PT7? Personally, I prefer doing more modern LR - the language is clearer and the arguments and question stems aren't as clunky.

And people generally say the older games are harder because there are many relatively peculiar game types tossed into the old tests, particularly on the tests prior to the 20s. You may have had even two unusual game types that you don't see anymore on PT7. Don't fret too much over it.

vuthy

Bronze

Re: PT 7 kicked my ass

Post by vuthy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:00 pm

^ This.

So much is made about older PTs being easier or harder, but to me they're just more volatile and unpredictable. LSAT has gotten much more precise and -- apart from an occasional curveball -- consistent. I did a few old PTs and my score range would be +/- 12 points one day to the next. With anything more recent than PT 50, I'm almost always within a 3-4 point band. So it's not that the older ones are harder or easier (if anything, I think they're easier), but that any given old PT could be really weird, with lots of odd games and loose language in the LR questions, or it could be freakishly easy. Newer ones are more finely tuned machines and, as such, better indicators of your game day performance, IMO.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”