How I got a perfect score on the LSAT. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bankhead

Silver

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Post by Bankhead » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:50 pm

I've gone from a 142 to a 170 on practice tests. Doubt I hit it on the real thing though... :cry:

helpmeplz91

New

Post by helpmeplz91 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:49 pm

nitsudrx wrote:I've gone from a 142 to a 170 on practice tests. Doubt I hit it on the real thing though... :cry:
That is quite an impressive jump! Keep up the good work!

ku1185

Bronze

Post by ku1185 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 am

To those that scored low on their diagnostic: I envy you. I think getting a relatively high score on my diag totally killed my motivation. I saw my friend go from a 157 diag to a 177, and considering my diag was more than 10 points higher than his, I thought it would be a breeze. Unfortunately, my score just did not go up: I hit a high of 172 and one of 170, but those were the only times I broke 170. Now I'm sitting here realizing that I needed to have studied more.

Gunning for a 20 point increase is far better of an incentive than 4 point increase. I'm hoping I get like a 155 on the Dec test so I can hate myself enough so that I'll study and hopefully end up in the low-mid 170's.

sscasper101

New

Post by sscasper101 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:45 pm

I started with a diagnostic of 155 then down to 153 and since then have had steady improvement up to 173. 20 point (or in my case just shy of) increases are possible if you devote the time necessary and study correctly. read the powerscore bibles and then just do tons of PTs and timed sections, even divide the time allotted for each question (LR) and try and get individual questions done in 1:20s or whatever it is. TIming is everything on the LSAT. If you can get the easy questions done quickly, then you will have the timed saved to apply to the more difficult questions. This strategy will also help high scorers make the difficult jumps in improvement.

tellmebaby2

New

Post by tellmebaby2 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:31 am

pmchang51 wrote:TestMasters says that: "Robin Singh, the creator and author of the TestMasters LSAT Course, has achieved more perfect scores on the LSAT than anyone else in history." According to their website, he's taken the LSAT 25 times between 1988 and 2003.

Quick question: How did LSAC allow this? Isn't there a maximum number of times the LSAT can be taken? And don't they make you explicitly state that you are taking the exam for the sole purpose of applying to law school?
They are probably practice tests.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Glamour

New

Post by Glamour » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:33 am

tellmebaby2 wrote:
pmchang51 wrote:TestMasters says that: "Robin Singh, the creator and author of the TestMasters LSAT Course, has achieved more perfect scores on the LSAT than anyone else in history." According to their website, he's taken the LSAT 25 times between 1988 and 2003.

Quick question: How did LSAC allow this? Isn't there a maximum number of times the LSAT can be taken? And don't they make you explicitly state that you are taking the exam for the sole purpose of applying to law school?
No they weren't practice tests. He actually took the LSAT that many times. For me it was easier to score higher on the practice tests just because of the environment and stuff.

They didn't actually enforce the "only taking this for the purpose of applying to law school" thing, although a few years ago he had to stop.

Of course, they could've lied to me, but in my TM class my classmates and I discussed this a lot.

tellmebaby2

New

Post by tellmebaby2 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Glamour wrote:
tellmebaby2 wrote:

No they weren't practice tests. He actually took the LSAT that many times. For me it was easier to score higher on the practice tests just because of the environment and stuff.

They didn't actually enforce the "only taking this for the purpose of applying to law school" thing, although a few years ago he had to stop.

Of course, they could've lied to me, but in my TM class my classmates and I discussed this a lot.
I stand corrected... but it would be nice to hear exactly what went down.

yolanda32

New

Post by yolanda32 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:53 pm

I read an article on Robin Sing. He seems like a pretty interesting guy.

yolanda32

New

Post by yolanda32 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:17 pm

I was informed that I said "Sing" instead of "Singh." So, uh, yeah.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BarackObama

New

Post by BarackObama » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Seems he was just really good at it and realized he could make a lot of money off it (without having to be a lawyer).

yolanda32

New

Post by yolanda32 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:32 pm

BarackObama wrote:Seems he was just really good at it and realized he could make a lot of money off it (without having to be a lawyer).
He didn't go to law school?

helpmeplz91

New

Post by helpmeplz91 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:15 pm

yolanda32 wrote:
BarackObama wrote:Seems he was just really good at it and realized he could make a lot of money off it (without having to be a lawyer).
Why would you go to law school when you can make millions helping poor LSAT test takers?

Jean_Rousseau

New

Post by Jean_Rousseau » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:46 pm

helpmeplz91 wrote:Why would you go to law school when you can make millions helping poor LSAT test takers?
To study and practice the law. They are many, many easier and more reliable ways to "make millions" other than law school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

helpmeplz91

New

Post by helpmeplz91 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:08 am

Jean_Rousseau wrote:
helpmeplz91 wrote:Why would you go to law school when you can make millions helping poor LSAT test takers?
To study and practice the law. They are many, many easier and more reliable ways to "make millions" other than law school.
Your post makes no sense in response to mine... Please read it again.

Jean_Rousseau

New

Post by Jean_Rousseau » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:24 am

helpmeplz91 wrote:Your post makes no sense in response to mine... Please read it again.
I cannot say I'm surprised you think so.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 am

Jean_Rousseau wrote:
helpmeplz91 wrote:Your post makes no sense in response to mine... Please read it again.
:roll:

helpmeplz91

New

Post by helpmeplz91 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Jean_Rousseau wrote:
Wow rude. Ok, whatever.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jean_Rousseau

New

Post by Jean_Rousseau » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:18 pm

helpmeplz91 wrote: Wow rude. Ok, whatever.
Take a deep breath and do not read more into what I wrote than I did. Like I said, I understand why it was confusing since I clearly misused the word "they" for "there."

helpmeplz91

New

Post by helpmeplz91 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Jean_Rousseau wrote:
helpmeplz91 wrote: Wow rude. Ok, whatever.
Take a deep breath and do not read more into what I wrote than I did. Like I said, I understand why it was confusing since I clearly misused the word "they" for "there."
ok well peace be with you 8)

yolanda32

New

Post by yolanda32 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:11 pm

helpmeplz91 wrote:
yolanda32 wrote:
Why would you go to law school when you can make millions helping poor LSAT test takers?
true dat hahaha

schiesser

New

Post by schiesser » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:06 am

JDewey wrote:Thought I would give my bit of advice. I took a more holistic than most people I think.

Here are my top three bits of advice.

1) Read all different kinds of information. I would read The Economist, The Smithsonian, and Scientific American, daily. I think this is what helped the most, and reading should be a top priority. You can re-wire the neurons in your brain to better handle written words if you read all the time. Most people's brains are probably set in "T.V. Mode" and unfortunately there is no video section on the LSAT. Turn off the television, start reading dense material, this will help you across the board not just on the reading comprehension section.

2) Pick up a good book on INFORMAL logic. I hear people saying that formal logic important, believe me, for this test INFORMAL logic is actually what you want to study. I think people are confusing the two. I am particularly fond of "Informal Logic: A handbook for critical argument" by Douglas N. Walton.

3) When you are studying, figure out why each answer choice was wrong, as well as why the correct one was in fact correct. This is kind of common sense but the tediousness of doing this causes it to be often ignored.

Cheers
You forgot one:

4) Be naturally good at taking tests like the LSAT.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:10 am

---
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yolanda32

New

Post by yolanda32 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:15 pm

schiesser wrote:
JDewey wrote:Thought I would give my bit of advice. I took a more holistic than most people I think.

Here are my top three bits of advice.

1) Read all different kinds of information. I would read The Economist, The Smithsonian, and Scientific American, daily. I think this is what helped the most, and reading should be a top priority. You can re-wire the neurons in your brain to better handle written words if you read all the time. Most people's brains are probably set in "T.V. Mode" and unfortunately there is no video section on the LSAT. Turn off the television, start reading dense material, this will help you across the board not just on the reading comprehension section.

2) Pick up a good book on INFORMAL logic. I hear people saying that formal logic important, believe me, for this test INFORMAL logic is actually what you want to study. I think people are confusing the two. I am particularly fond of "Informal Logic: A handbook for critical argument" by Douglas N. Walton.

3) When you are studying, figure out why each answer choice was wrong, as well as why the correct one was in fact correct. This is kind of common sense but the tediousness of doing this causes it to be often ignored.

Cheers
You forgot one:

4) Be naturally good at taking tests like the LSAT.
Well that would solve a lot of problems and save a lot of time, wouldn't it?

lawschoolnobigdeal

New

Post by lawschoolnobigdeal » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:57 pm

I am bored

rocketman

New

Post by rocketman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Glamour wrote:
tellmebaby2 wrote:

is that you in the avatar?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”