How I got a perfect score on the LSAT. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
longdaysjourney

Bronze

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Post by longdaysjourney » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:09 pm

allison34363 wrote:Any book review on the informal logic book?
Yup...it kicks ass. I read it before the LR bible and I think it helped.

cw2010

New

Post by cw2010 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:24 pm

There's some great advice on this thread. I'd also like to recommend picking up the book "A Rulebook for Arguments." It's brief, concise, and in the first 30-40 pages, it lays out some of the basic rules to follow in argumentation.

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

When do scores come outttt :(

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:58 pm

cw2010 wrote:There's some great advice on this thread. I'd also like to recommend picking up the book "A Rulebook for Arguments." It's brief, concise, and in the first 30-40 pages, it lays out some of the basic rules to follow in argumentation.
Didn't get the book but it turns out I didn't need it :)

Fender2210

New

Post by Fender2210 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:09 pm

The logic on the LSAT is so basic. You don't a separate book to learn it. Consider TLS your free logic teacher.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Fender2210 wrote:The logic on the LSAT is so basic. You don't a separate book to learn it. Consider TLS your free logic teacher.
That's something Bender would actually say, lol, with the emphasis on "so" even, in the imaginary scenario that he took the LSAT. Immediately after this statement, he would open up his LSAT score to find a score just good enough to get him into Cooley.

Fender2210

New

Post by Fender2210 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:59 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Fender2210 wrote:The logic on the LSAT is so basic. You don't a separate book to learn it. Consider TLS your free logic teacher.
That's something Bender would actually say, lol, with the emphasis on "so" even, in the imaginary scenario that he took the LSAT. Immediately after this statement, he would open up his LSAT score to find a score just good enough to get him into Cooley.
Cooley no, UVA, yes.

justwhisper

New

Post by justwhisper » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:50 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Excellent show, got the DVD set. But I think Bender could do better than Cooley

panjam09

New

Post by panjam09 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 am

cw2010 wrote:There's some great advice on this thread. I'd also like to recommend picking up the book "A Rulebook for Arguments." It's brief, concise, and in the first 30-40 pages, it lays out some of the basic rules to follow in argumentation.
Probably not necessary if you have the Bibles.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

legaleagle9

New

Post by legaleagle9 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey guys. Did not want to flood the boards with another thread, so i'll just ask here: Where can I find the diagnostic test/ lsat prep test so I can see what my score would be before I start some serious study? Thanks TSL

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 pm

legaleagle9 wrote: Where can I find the diagnostic test/ lsat prep test so I can see what my score would be before I start some serious study? Thanks TSL
Check out the stuff here: http://www.lsac.org/jd/LSAT/preparing-for-LSAT.asp

There's a free test you can download and a whole bunch more tests you can buy, for starters. There are plenty of other sources of real LSAT questions, too, but the free test is the place to start, probably.

justwhisper

New

Post by justwhisper » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 pm

tomwatts wrote:
legaleagle9 wrote: Where can I find the diagnostic test/ lsat prep test so I can see what my score would be before I start some serious study? Thanks TSL
Check out the stuff here: http://www.lsac.org/jd/LSAT/preparing-for-LSAT.asp

There's a free test you can download and a whole bunch more tests you can buy, for starters. There are plenty of other sources of real LSAT questions, too, but the free test is the place to start, probably.
Anyone know why LSAC keeps changing this address to the free LSAT?

New

Post by 5618715218781 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:54 pm

JDewey wrote:Thought I would give my bit of advice. I took a more holistic than most people I think.

Here are my top three bits of advice.

1) Read all different kinds of information. I would read The Economist, The Smithsonian, and Scientific American, daily. I think this is what helped the most, and reading should be a top priority. You can re-wire the neurons in your brain to better handle written words if you read all the time. Most people's brains are probably set in "T.V. Mode" and unfortunately there is no video section on the LSAT. Turn off the television, start reading dense material, this will help you across the board not just on the reading comprehension section.

2) Pick up a good book on INFORMAL logic. I hear people saying that formal logic important, believe me, for this test INFORMAL logic is actually what you want to study. I think people are confusing the two. I am particularly fond of "Informal Logic: A handbook for critical argument" by Douglas N. Walton.

3) When you are studying, figure out why each answer choice was wrong, as well as why the correct one was in fact correct. This is kind of common sense but the tediousness of doing this causes it to be often ignored.

Cheers
Thank you, I agree my brain is probably messed up in the TV/Movie mode since January.........sigh......

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”