Questions for ppl who scored low diagnostics Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NanaP

Bronze

Questions for ppl who scored low diagnostics

Post by NanaP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 am

For folks who scored <150 on the initial diagnostics, how many prep tests would you say you took before you saw a significant jump, say >160???

AAJD2B

Silver

Re: Questions for ppl who scored low diagnostics

Post by AAJD2B » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:05 am

I owe my jump to reviewing my mistakes and drilling sections from PTs in the 20s and 30s which helped me realize patterns. Quality over quantity was what helped significantly, alongside starting my LR sections in the middle of a section. It all came together after sitting three or four PTs from the 40s. Still have significant work ahead.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:09 am

AAJD2B wrote:alongside starting my LR sections in the middle of a section.

What do you mean by this??

AAJD2B

Silver

Post by AAJD2B » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:26 am

Wormfather wrote:
NanaP wrote:

This was where I saw my final jump as well. Sometimes you work better under pressure than you realize.

The first 10 questions should take 10 minutes or less. How ever if you start with them, you have so much time in front of you that you might start asking your self if question 4 is too easy, maybe you missed something, etc.

I started with question 12 and by the time I would get back around to question 1 I'd have 10-13 minutes left. This left no time to overthink.
+100000

I also start at 12/13 as I want to spend as much time gaining points on the questions requiring more time (usually from 15-23; 12-14 is my warm up). By starting with the hardest part of the LR section with no major time constraints, it helps me concentrate better and not feel as pressured to get the question done quickly, thus mitigating errors. You can afford to speed-read and pick and go from questions 1-10/11. Leave those for last.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 am

You don't get better by taking preptest.

You get better by drilling and studying why you're an idiot and how you need to transform your way of thinking.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:33 am

Wormfather wrote:
NanaP wrote:

This was where I saw my final jump as well. Sometimes you work better under pressure than you realize.

The first 10 questions should take 10 minutes or less. How ever if you start with them, you have so much time in front of you that you might start asking your self if question 4 is too easy, maybe you missed something, etc.

I started with question 12 and by the time I would get back around to question 1 I'd have 10-13 minutes left. This left no time to overthink.

Wow, that's amazing, I had no idea. I'll start doing this and see how it goes, it makes sense though.

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Wormfather wrote:
NanaP wrote:

This sounds like a good idea; I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

lsatyolo

Gold

Post by lsatyolo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm gonna try that shit, too. Been thinking about doing it for some time now, why not?

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:41 pm

I remember a guy who posted and said he or she scored 140-something on the first practice test, and a 178 on the real thing. (S)he would be a good person to talk with.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”