October LSAT - 10 weeks to study - possible? best strategy? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BetterLateThanNever1

New

October LSAT - 10 weeks to study - possible? best strategy?

Post by BetterLateThanNever1 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi all! So for my very first post on these forums I humbly come to you seeking advice, guidance, and (hopefully) positive reinforcement concerning my abbreviated LSAT test prep window.

I am currently working at a Big Four accounting firm and have the luxury of taking some time off to give the LSAT a shot. My final day is on Friday 7/27, and I plan to begin studying full-force on Monday 7/29. This timeframe would give me 10 full weeks to study before the Monday 10/7 LSAT. I can begin studying next week, but being an accountant I obviously wanted to look at this from a worst case/conservative scenario. I am shooting for T15 schools, and was advised to take the October LSAT in order to have my apps out by Thanksgiving.

Enough about me. Please please please give me the who, what, when, where, and HOW to accomplish effective studying in this short window. Is it possible? Is it worth it? What's my best approach (i.e., self-study, test prep provider, etc.)?

Some law school friends have recommended the online Testmasters course. Personally, I feel that I am most effective prepping outside a classroom but using a scheduled online course. This was my strategy for the CPA and it worked well for me.

Thanks in advance for your time and help, it is very much appreciated!

Sincerely,

A scrambling law school hopeful

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”