Motivate me to study RC... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mvonh001

Silver

Motivate me to study RC...

Post by mvonh001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:39 pm

I need some motivation to study RC... I have no problem drilling LR, and Doing LG, or even doing RC when Im taking a PT, but when I'm just supposed to, for example, kill an RC section I will often convince myself to put it off until tomorrow. What do i do?

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Re: Motivate me to study RC...

Post by RobertGolddust » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Get pissed that some people you have never met are judging your ability to read, and the score they are giving you is upheld by the academic community as a decent indicator of your intelligence.

That usually does it for me...

Another way to think about it is to imagine that the makers of the LSAT are right in front of you calling you a simpleton or a vulgar when you get a -8 on RC, which is basically what they are doing. Then realize this is not high-school and you can't put these nerds in check the old fashion way, but you must beat these pussy-lickers at their own game!
Last edited by RobertGolddust on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsatkid007

Bronze

Post by lsatkid007 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:50 pm

This usually does the trick for me for any section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:Get pissed that some people you have never met are judging your ability to read, and the score they are giving you is upheld by the academic community as a decent indicator of your intelligence.

That usually does it for me...

Another way to think about it is to imagine that the makers of the LSAT are right in front of you calling you stupid when you get a question wrong, which is basically what is happening when you score a minus 8 on RC. Actually even worse that calling you stupid, there calling you a simpleton or a vulgar, the mediocre type. That usually pisses me off and motivates me to work harder.
That should help...

RuleSubstitution

New

Post by RuleSubstitution » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 pm

What other motivation do you need other than scoring higher? You wouldn't be retaking if you didn't believe you could improve; well, this is how you improve.
You should definitely consider doing 4 section rc as was recommended to you on another thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kiyoku

Bronze

Post by kiyoku » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:54 pm

RuleSubstitution wrote: You should definitely consider doing 4 section rc as was recommended to you on another thread.
oh wow. this opened up a knot in my brain. looks like I know what i'm going to be trying tomorrow...

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 am

kiyoku wrote:
RuleSubstitution wrote: You should definitely consider doing 4 section rc as was recommended to you on another thread.
oh wow. this opened up a knot in my brain. looks like I know what i'm going to be trying tomorrow...
I tried it a while back.

It made me hate RC more than ever, and stopped me from studying RC all-together.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 am

Pretend that you're reading RC sections simply for the joy of learning something new.

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:36 am

Reviewing RC blows. It blows like no other. LG is great.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”