RC Improvement? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bratva

New

RC Improvement?

Post by Bratva » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:27 pm

I've found the RC section a lot harder on the new pts than on the early ones. I under the passages fine I think, but somehow i just miss a lot of questions and sometimes leave 2 unfinished in the end. i never had this problem with the old pts (i usually get 1-4 wrong on the old pts, but now consistently getting 6-9 wrong on the pts in the 50s :evil: )
I was wondering if anyone recommend any books to improve RC.
I've read the RC bible.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!! :P

bp shinners

Gold

Re: RC Improvement?

Post by bp shinners » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Bratva wrote:I've found the RC section a lot harder on the new pts than on the early ones. I under the passages fine I think, but somehow i just miss a lot of questions and sometimes leave 2 unfinished in the end. i never had this problem with the old pts (i usually get 1-4 wrong on the old pts, but now consistently getting 6-9 wrong on the pts in the 50s :evil: )
I've read the RC bible.

The newer RCs have moved to more straight-forward passages with more difficult questions. The questions have also moved closer to being LR questions. I strongly recommend approaching them as if they're LR questions with a really long stimulus; that generally helps you align your understanding of the section with the modern examples of it. Try to relate each question to an equivalent LR question, and use the same strategies to approach it!

Bratva

New

Re: RC Improvement?

Post by Bratva » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:07 am

bp shinners wrote:
Bratva wrote:I've found the RC section a lot harder on the new pts than on the early ones. I under the passages fine I think, but somehow i just miss a lot of questions and sometimes leave 2 unfinished in the end. i never had this problem with the old pts (i usually get 1-4 wrong on the old pts, but now consistently getting 6-9 wrong on the pts in the 50s :evil: )
I've read the RC bible.

The newer RCs have moved to more straight-forward passages with more difficult questions. The questions have also moved closer to being LR questions. I strongly recommend approaching them as if they're LR questions with a really long stimulus; that generally helps you align your understanding of the section with the modern examples of it. Try to relate each question to an equivalent LR question, and use the same strategies to approach it!

hey thanks. and i am definitely beginning to see that they are getting closer to lr questions. i guess i just have to get used to thinking about them in the way i think about lr questions :) what you said confirms what i've noticed about the new pts! thank you

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”