Mixing Prep Books/Courses Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolflow

New

Mixing Prep Books/Courses

Post by lawschoolflow » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm thinking of taking a Manhattan online course but I'm also preparing with powerscore bibles, would it be smart to do both at the same time?

Micdiddy

Gold

Re: Mixing Prep Books/Courses

Post by Micdiddy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:03 pm

It's totally fine. Just be a normal, critical person and you will find that likely some things PS says works for you and some things MLSAT says works for you, and you should be able to mix the two approaches fine.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 am

Micdiddy wrote:It's totally fine. Just be a normal, critical person and you will find that likely some things PS says works for you and some things MLSAT says works for you, and you should be able to mix the two approaches fine.
And if you can explain how both methods get you to the same answers, you'll be a little closer to understanding the test on its own terms instead of just through the shortcuts/tricks.

mx23250

Silver

Post by mx23250 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Micdiddy wrote:It's totally fine. Just be a normal, critical person and you will find that likely some things PS says works for you and some things MLSAT says works for you, and you should be able to mix the two approaches fine.
This has been my approach. I started with the 3 PS bibles and was still missing more LR and RC after 3 months of prep than I was comfortable with, so I got the MLSAT RC and LR books so I could get a grasp on all the different approaches and see what "clicks" best. So far I haven't had any problem mixing these books and their approaches.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”