Printing out copies for Logic Games Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kweehunt

New

Printing out copies for Logic Games

Post by kweehunt » Thu May 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Hello fellow LSAT takers!
I've seen a few guides (pithypike and 7Sage) that recommend having 3+copies of each game and I'd like to try to use this method. I was just wondering how everyone does this. Do i just put my "10 actual Prep Tests" books on the copy machine or is there an online resource that makes printing out the games easier? Thanks!

mx23250

Silver

Re: Printing out copies for Logic Games

Post by mx23250 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:40 pm

I just go to the local office max and make photocopies from the book for 9 cents per page. I think you can buy digital prep tests (Cambridge?) so that would be a way you could just print additional copies. I haven't used it though as all my prep tests and practice books are hard copies.

seagan823

Bronze

Post by seagan823 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:30 pm

I bought the first three 10 actual books and then brought them to fed ex office and had the binding cut off. It costs 5 bucks and copying is a lot less time consuming when you can just feed sheets into a copier rather than copying out of a book. Then I just temporarily separated the games sections and copied them each and reordered according to type. I suggest getting two file boxes, one to hold your games by type and the other to hold each PT by number (for pulling LR/RC sections or full PTs). This system has made keeping track of my progress and the massive amount of paper much easier.

Chriz

Bronze

Post by Chriz » Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 pm

I'd buy the Cambridge Packet. It is in PDF so it is easy to print and reprint as needed.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Fri May 31, 2013 1:36 am

i'd recommend buying a printer if you don't have one. Cambridge is TCR, but if your using pithypike's method for LG and something similar for LR and RC then it'll be more cost effective than paying per-sheet. The cheapest printing I have access to is on my college campus, where it is 11 cents/sheet.

Assuming the following:
30 PTs= 900 sheets (30 sheets per test, including answer sheet. more for recent tests)
1-40= Games (x3 per pithypike)- 480 sheets
1-40 LR= 640 sheets (about 16 pages per test)
RC Drilling= somewhere between 0 and 320 (40 tests @ 8pg/test) depending on if you drill.

Then at 10 cents a page that's $200. You can buy a printer and ink for less than that. I've printed 2400 pages so far and have spent about $190. Granted that difference is marginal, but its super convenient to have your own printer, not to mention at the end of your prep you have a printer rather than the nothing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FlowBro

Bronze

Post by FlowBro » Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 am

Tip: Spend a little extra for a heavier weight paper and print double sided.

An aside, this works great for RC and LR because it lets you simulate true test taking conditions 100% of the time.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Fri May 31, 2013 1:53 am

FlowBro wrote:Tip: Spend a little extra for a heavier weight paper and print double sided.

An aside, this works great for RC and LR because it lets you simulate true test taking conditions 100% of the time.
agreed

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri May 31, 2013 1:59 am

Also, while we're splitting hairs, realize that after PT 66 each LG is split on two pages, so if you're super dedicated, and you had them as PDFS and were decent with a computer you could hack up the old ones and print them to reflect modern formatting. That said, my test in Feb was cancelled, and the makeup exam issued was pre-66 and had the old format lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”