PT31, S4, Q16 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
melmoththewanderer

New

PT31, S4, Q16

Post by melmoththewanderer » Sat May 25, 2013 7:21 pm

I have a question regarding PT31 RC Q16.

I can find the justification for the credited response in the last sentence of paragraph 1, but one thing is off, which is that that particular sentence is not apparently attributed to Haraway. But, the question asks about what Haraway would probably agree with. How did you guys go about convincing yourselves of this credited response?

Daily_Double

Silver

Re: PT31, S4, Q16

Post by Daily_Double » Sat May 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Good question. I just took a look at it and I see what you're getting at. My approach was too first look over the answers, A, B, and C, are out of scope, D is really our only decent candidate, because E uses the phrases active and passive participants in a different way than in the passage. So while Haraway is not credited with the information mentioned at the end of the first paragraph, it's a much easier stretch to attribute that to her than to select the others. Furthermore, the information at the end of the paragraph is more of a fact than a view, so it doesn't strain logic too much, in my opinion, to say that Haraway would share the view.

melmoththewanderer

New

Re: PT31, S4, Q16

Post by melmoththewanderer » Sat May 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Wow... it makes sense now! Thanks Daily_Double. We're so lucky to have Daily_Double here. :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”