Help with LSAT Study Plan for October Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mab2013

New

Help with LSAT Study Plan for October

Post by Mab2013 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Here's how I have outlined my study plan for the October LSAT. I have already began studying, mainly focusing on the Powerscore Books. I have an internship that ends in two weeks, and after that, I'll be working a part time job with nothing else todo until October but study ( I'm done with my undergrad). I plan putting in at least 40 hours a week. For the first month, June, I plan on just mastering the PS book and getting some additional books, like the Manhattans, because I've read that they complement each other well. For July, I'll start drilling some individual sections, continue working on the books and maybe throw at PT or two in there. August and September will be simply PTing, and reviewing the books if necessary. I have every LSAT question that I obtained from my PS course, and by September, I'll still have at least the last 17 recent LSATs. Here's what I need help with. Should I do more PTs in August so I'll have more time to review them, and in September, just do one test every week until the exam? Or, should I do two tests every week in September until test day? My fear for the latter choice is not having enough time to review my tests. By test day however, I should have done every LSAT question there is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chriz

Bronze

Re: Help with LSAT Study Plan for October

Post by Chriz » Tue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

My plan is to do two tests a week in September because by then my hope is to be scoring very well and only missing a few questions. I will obviously be reviewing all the questions but I would hope that there are a lot fewer wrong answers that I need to drill or go back and understand better. In August, I might expect myself to still be getting a decent amount wrong and that may require going back to the books and then drilling to fill in more inconsistent areas. By taking just one test a week in August there might be more time to drill and improve your approaches. This is just what I plan to do.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue May 21, 2013 5:44 pm

How many PTs do you have to work with?

I would work backwards from test date to make a schedule.

I would be doing more than 1test per week, or you won't get through very many, but not more than 3. You are correct that you need to allow sufficient time to go over the test (I usually schedule even more time than the test required)

Mab2013

New

Post by Mab2013 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Test material is not in issue ,because like I said ,I took the PS course so I have all of their material , which means every question. If I do all of that plus the other books , ill only have 20 tests that I've never worked on. And those PTs are the latest 20. I also have made a schedule but the issue for me is whether or not I should be avg 2-3 PTs per week in October , or just separate them evenly from test day backwards , averaging 2 every three weeks. Also , I feel like if I did two PTs days before the test , wouldn't that make me tired ?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue May 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Just do a cycle of PTs like

PT day, review day, off day, PT day, review day, off day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mab2013

New

Post by Mab2013 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Ya I think that's what I'll end up doing. Thank you and good luck to you.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Wed May 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Having enough time to review your tests is incredibly important. You said that you're going to work through every released LSAT, and you're going to take 17 recent LSATs as full-length timed tests. It sounds to me like one timed test per week over the course of August and September is perfectly fine. However, it wouldn't allow you to complete 17 timed exams because there aren't 17 weeks over that period.

I prefer rebexness' suggestions if you have the time.

Just remember to insert a section from another exam to make them 5-section tests.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”