I NEED ADVICE! Has anyone encounter this problem? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PhiladelphiaPatriot

New

I NEED ADVICE! Has anyone encounter this problem?

Post by PhiladelphiaPatriot » Fri May 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello All,

I am having a serious problem in studying for the LSAT.

I started hardcore studying in February (I started studying a year ago when I took the test-masters course) and now have encountered a wall where I literally cannot stand taking another practice test. I'm really concerned because I have lost all the ability to focus while taking the PT. I have come to the conclusion that either A. I am doing terrible because for some reason I have lost the skills to answer the problems, or B. I am worn out. What I am wondering is, should I take the risk of taking off for a week + when the test is so close to try and address the worn-out problem, if it even is the problem? Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Thank You!

objection_your_honor

Silver

Re: I NEED ADVICE! Has anyone encounter this problem?

Post by objection_your_honor » Fri May 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Burnout is common. Take a day or two rather than a week and then gauge where you're at.

Micdiddy

Gold

Re: I NEED ADVICE! Has anyone encounter this problem?

Post by Micdiddy » Fri May 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Burn-out if a very real thing. Definitely take a break, refresh yourself as normal, functioning adult. See friends, go out drinking, get some sun on a hike or something.
I definitely went through a phase where I did NOT want to take another pt, and it is hard to deal with.
Rest assured, the things you have learned do not just magically disappear. After two or three days off you should be able to come back at relatively the same strength you were before, fresh to study some more until June.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”