Burnt out? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Young Marino

Silver

Burnt out?

Post by Young Marino » Thu May 16, 2013 6:24 pm

So I think I'm a bit burnt out. Scored a point lower than my target score last thursday, took off to key west for the weekend. Got back sunday night and drilled hard. Light drilled monday, hard drill Tuesday, day off Wednesday and attempted a pt today. I was completely brain dead and felt like if I saw another lsat question, I was gonna be sick a section in. Really just couldn't concentrate. I drilled lightly half hour lately and did ok but I still just loathed the exam questions. I'm thinking of taking the rest of tonight and the weekend off anf picking it back up on monday. Is that too much of a break? Should I even take a break?

Daily_Double

Silver

Re: Burnt out?

Post by Daily_Double » Thu May 16, 2013 6:44 pm

ALeal90 wrote:So I think I'm a bit burnt out. Scored a point lower than my target score last thursday, took off to key west for the weekend. Got back sunday night and drilled hard. Light drilled monday, hard drill Tuesday, day off Wednesday and attempted a pt today. I was completely brain dead and felt like if I saw another lsat question, I was gonna be sick a section in. Really just couldn't concentrate. I drilled lightly half hour lately and did ok but I still just loathed the exam questions. I'm thinking of taking the rest of tonight and the weekend off anf picking it back up on monday. Is that too much of a break? Should I even take a break?
Only you know what's best for you. I'm of the opinion that burning out is overrated, because the test is just assessing the way you think in specific areas, and nobody gets tired of thinking. You've been trained, through dilling and the books, to think this way. You should be at the point where you don't even need to react to questions most of the time, it's like muscle memory, you've done so much that most of the test should just break down. That being said, it's important not to overdue it. To use another analogy, when you pull a muscle, you take a couple days off until you're back near 100%. The same should be true of prep, if you're not feeling as well as you could, then wait until you are.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”