What is your LSAT "quirk"? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
the_pakalypse

Bronze

What is your LSAT "quirk"?

Post by the_pakalypse » Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 pm

I thought this might make for some not-so-serious discussion about the LSAT: what special advantage do you have when taking the LSAT that makes you unique compared to other test takers?

For me, I think the biggest advantage is the fact that I like learning about a lot of different fields, and I've been reading RC style passages (in magazines, online) for 4-5 years. It makes things a bit less tedious when you tend to enjoy or feel strongly about the topic at hand.

lsatkid007

Bronze

Re: What is your LSAT "quirk"?

Post by lsatkid007 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm like Neal in the Matrix I see the arguments and there flaws. 8)

Just kidding. I got nothing. :cry:

monadologist

Bronze

Post by monadologist » Wed May 15, 2013 10:49 pm

I have an undergrad in philosophy and a pretty solid background in formal logic - and I still find ways to fuck up and make the stupidest errors in LR/LG.
Just goes to show that one can't take any aspect of the LSAT for granted; it truly is a brilliantly designed exam.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed May 15, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm extremely lazy. So if I study, then I don't mess around, because the sooner I get back in from of a TV, the better.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:57 pm

I think doing so many logic games has improved my analytical ability to the point where I'm always analyzing/organizing shit. Working with variables and manipulating them given the rules can definitely transfer to applications in real life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Skill Game

New

Post by Skill Game » Thu May 16, 2013 9:58 am

My advantage in the actual test is that I have always been a very argumentative person. I'm constantly trying to point out any flaws in people's arguments and figuring out how to improve my own. Studying for the LSAT just made it worse. But my real advantage is that I'm a perfectionist, very competitive, and have an addictive personality. So all that allows me to study 6-8 hours every day with no problem.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu May 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Skill Game wrote:My advantage in the actual test is that I have always been a very argumentative person. I'm constantly trying to point out any flaws in people's arguments and figuring out how to improve my own. Studying for the LSAT just made it worse. But my real advantage is that I'm a perfectionist, very competitive, and have an addictive personality. So all that allows me to study 6-8 hours every day with no problem.
Blast at parties.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Thu May 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Skill Game wrote:My advantage in the actual test is that I have always been a very argumentative person. I'm constantly trying to point out any flaws in people's arguments and figuring out how to improve my own. Studying for the LSAT just made it worse. But my real advantage is that I'm a perfectionist, very competitive, and have an addictive personality. So all that allows me to study 6-8 hours every day with no problem.
The bolded is a pretty standard trait in law students/lawyers, isn't it? Good for you for the studying though.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu May 16, 2013 2:20 pm

I was a biology major for two years. I didn't think it'd be an advantage, but I tend to understand and finish science (especially bio related) passages much quicker because of a combination of prior knowledge and an actual interest in the subject. I tend to feel comfortable on the LR questions that are bio related as well, regardless of the logic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Drewkapper

New

Post by Drewkapper » Thu May 16, 2013 5:40 pm

I have a knack for reading passages and forgetting crucial bits of information.

goldenboy514

Silver

Post by goldenboy514 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 pm

philosophy background...was told in undergrad, "if you can read this, you can read anything." Still cant comprehend RC

Cerebro

Bronze

Post by Cerebro » Fri May 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I can bubble real good.

chugachjed

New

Post by chugachjed » Sat May 18, 2013 2:39 am

I get every LG question right but I only get to about 13 of them :oops:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 am

I'm competitive with myself to the point that when I was studying I would take 2 PTs back to back because I wanted to see if I could beat the first one. Also, as an athlete I was absurdly superstitious, I wore the same clothes to the test as my highest PTs, If I PT'd well I'd save the pencil, if I bombed it I'd throw it away, etc.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 am

what's your GPA?

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Sat May 18, 2013 3:32 am

lsatkid007 wrote:I'm like Neal in the Matrix
lsatkid007 wrote:Neal
lsatkid007 wrote:Neal
Last edited by John_rizzy_rawls on Sat May 18, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat May 18, 2013 3:33 am

:lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat May 18, 2013 3:37 am

Dr. Dre wrote::lol:

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Sat May 18, 2013 4:41 am

With games, I have this amazing ability to read "K" on one of the rules, whisper "K" to myself, think about the often overlooked qualities of K, the perfect 45 degree angle, the way all of K's lines meet at one sacred point, the way "K" sounds, comforting, arched but smooth in its decent from your tongue-- and then write "M" on my diagram.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat May 18, 2013 4:46 am

superdingle2000 wrote:With games, I have this amazing ability to read "K" on one of the rules, whisper "K" to myself, think about the often overlooked qualities of K, the perfect 45 degree angle, the way all of K's lines meet at one sacred point, the way "K" sounds, comforting, arched but smooth in its decent from your tongue-- and then write "M" on my diagram.
HAH. I've done this a few times. I look at my diagram, and I'm like "Impossible! V has to be in 3!" Before I realize not only does V not have to be in third, but V isn't even in the game.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Sat May 18, 2013 3:48 pm

superdingle2000 wrote:With games, I have this amazing ability to read "K" on one of the rules, whisper "K" to myself, think about the often overlooked qualities of K, the perfect 45 degree angle, the way all of K's lines meet at one sacred point, the way "K" sounds, comforting, arched but smooth in its decent from your tongue-- and then write "M" on my diagram.
This might be the single greatest post I've ever read on this site.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”