LGB or LRB Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jk148706

Gold

LGB or LRB

Post by jk148706 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Been going through PTs and drilling as I awaited LGB and LRB in the mail. Both have arrived, but I don't know which one to delve into first. I am about the same in both sections; neither is a glaring weakness, nor do I always get -0 on them. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on which one to start first.

wtrc

Gold

Re: LGB or LRB

Post by wtrc » Tue May 14, 2013 3:41 pm

jk148706 wrote:Been going through PTs and drilling as I awaited LGB and LRB in the mail. Both have arrived, but I don't know which one to delve into first. I am about the same in both sections; neither is a glaring weakness, nor do I always get -0 on them. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on which one to start first.
Are you taking June?

LRB, and drilling LR, will probably take longer than LGB. I'd split them and alternate every few chapters or every few days. Don't want to burn out on either LR or LG (most likely LR), or forget some of what you learned because you haven't reinforced it in a few weeks while working on the other book.

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:43 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Been going through PTs and drilling as I awaited LGB and LRB in the mail. Both have arrived, but I don't know which one to delve into first. I am about the same in both sections; neither is a glaring weakness, nor do I always get -0 on them. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on which one to start first.
Are you taking June?

LRB, and drilling LR, will probably take longer than LGB. I'd split them and alternate every few chapters or every few days. Don't want to burn out on one section, or forget some of what you learned because you haven't reinforced it in a few weeks while working on the other book.
Sorry... Taking the Oct test... Should have mentioned that. Also, I'm thinking both at the same time is the way to go, just alternate days?

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:47 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:
Are you taking June?

LRB, and drilling LR, will probably take longer than LGB. I'd split them and alternate every few chapters or every few days. Don't want to burn out on either LR or LG (most likely LR), or forget some of what you learned because you haven't reinforced it in a few weeks while working on the other book.
As someone who started with LGB and went straight thru, I would recommend the above approach if I had to start over again. I just plowed through the book and though I improved substantially in games, I didn't do the drilling to take full advantage of what I learned. Make sure to drill specific types after you finish the chapters in the books too.

Also, I would recommend beginning with LRB because I had some difficulty understanding necessary/sufficient in the games, which I believe I would have understood better after going through LRB.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Wed May 15, 2013 1:01 am

I jumped into LGB, and I never really regretted it. LG is a section where it's easy to see improvement, and working on that section is consequently great for building momentum. Just make sure that you don't abandon work on the section once you feel like you're getting the hang of it (that goes for all sections throughout your prep, really).

I also think logic games are pretty fun, so working on them first was a good way of diving into the LSAT pool.

Just make sure you work through whatever book you start on at a comfortable pace, given that you have time to study before October. My one regret is probably rushing through the LGB, thinking I didn't have enough time.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri May 17, 2013 5:37 am

get the manhattan lsat bundles. The bibles are good for an introduction into the LSAT, but the manhattan bundles will show you the thinking process required to ace the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”