Easy way to set up your LG game diagram Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nmillette

New

Easy way to set up your LG game diagram

Post by nmillette » Sun May 12, 2013 7:03 pm

So I am preparing for the June LSAT and Logic Games are becoming a bit easier for me. Right now I am at -4 to -6 (basically -1 per game). Just bought the Cambridge Logic Games by type plus I am using the Games Bible workbook to drill, so things are getting better! ( Already read Powerscore LG bible and Manhattan LG)

One of my issues is that for 3D Ordering Games and 3D Grouping Games I find myself wasting time thinking how I am going to draw this diagram or what am I going to use for the base? But what I started doing is pre-viewing the answer choices for the first question of the game. This question is usually an orientation question that ask for an acceptable order for the variables in the game.

From the answers choices I am able to see which variable I am supposed to use for the base as well as a rough estimate of how my diagram is supposed to be displayed. This helps alot!

Is this a wrong approach, could I be mislead or tricked while using this approach and lastly am I the only one that uses this approach?
Last edited by nmillette on Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Re: Easy way to set up your LG game diagram

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue May 14, 2013 12:22 am

nmillette wrote:So I am preparing for the June LSAT and Logic Games are becoming a bit easier for me right now I am at -4 to -6 (basically -1 game). Just bought the Manhattan Logic Games by type plus I am using the Powerscore Logic Games Bible workbook to drill so things are getting better! ( Already read Powerscore LG bible and Manhattan LG)

One of my issues is that for 3D Ordering Games and 3D Grouping Games I find myself wasting time thinking how I am going to draw this diagram or what am I going to use for the base? But what I started doing is pre-viewing the answer choices for the first question of the game. This question is usually an orientation question that ask for an acceptable order for the variables in the game.

From the answers choices I am able to see which variable I am supposed to use for the base as well as a rough estimate of how my diagram is supposed to be displayed. This helps alot!

Is this a wrong approach, could I be mislead or tricked while using this approach and lastly am I the only one that uses this approach?
That's a great idea. I've definitely found myself a few times looking at the orientation question for a bit of spiritual guidance. That first question is also good for a slap in the face if I haven't finished thinking through the game's set-up. Painful, but useful.

nmillette

New

Post by nmillette » Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 am

Thanks Naoh! It does help me save some time when I am trying to picture the set-up.

Just wanted confirmation that I am not the only one that does that! :wink:

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Bronze

Post by LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Just want to chime in and agree that this is a great approach. I will *sometimes* draw a different diagram if I have a clear idea of an alternative method I prefer. But usually my diagram looks like the orientation question.

I also find that reading all the rules before drawing anything helps me decide the best way to represent them. Reading them a second time to draw them has the added benefit of helping me memorize the rules, which really speeds things up and prevents errors.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”