Difference btw Manhattan LG ed. 2 and 3? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
15chocolate

New

Difference btw Manhattan LG ed. 2 and 3?

Post by 15chocolate » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:14 am

Hi,
I have read Manhattan LG edition 2, but it seems they differ a lot in edition 3?
Should I read edition 3 too?
Does anyone know how they differ or add new chapters so that I can just go through only that part?
Thanks.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Re: Difference btw Manhattan LG ed. 2 and 3?

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 am

We beefed up that book quite a bit from the third edition. The strategies are by and large the same, with some more explicit treatment of process. There also are also a lot more games in the new edition, as well as drills working on specific issues. The back of the book has solutions to all LSATs from PT40 onward. We also throw a bone to those for whom the logic chain doesn't click and tell them how to work those games the way everyone else does. So, I'd say it's worth grabbing, and then be judicious in which parts you dive into and which parts you skim.

Good luck and feel free to reach out to me if you have follow-up questions.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am

I have read both cover to cover (what a dweeb). While the second edition is still one of the best LG guides on the market, the third edition has substantially more material; if you can, I'd thoroughly recommend trying to get a copy of the third.

15chocolate

New

Post by 15chocolate » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks,
I was thinking to take either June or Oct. (hopefully June) test. So I'm not sure whether I have time to finish reading it by June (may just skimming) but will definitely check it out if I decide to take it in Oct.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”