no shame in my game Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tehkris

New

no shame in my game

Post by tehkris » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 pm

I took the February and scored and abysmal 139 with not much prep. I basically took a PT every few days for 3 weeks, looked at what I missed but could not figure out why I was missing the questions. LG's were clearly my downfall among the other sections. I feel making this thread is therapeutic as it makes my score real and I am posting amongst peers that will undoubtedly have their opinions. I received provisional admissions via the AAMPLE program but have opted to retake the test in June. I have purchased both the LGB and LRB and am currently on pg.265 of the LGB. This book is a revelation. I feel more confident as June gets closer but am very aware of the road ahead. I'm owning my crappy score and moving forward. If you are embarrassed of your LSAT and wish to vent or need encouragement feel free to post here. I have aspirations and plan on seeing them through. It has just become clear I will have to work harder than most. God Bless.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: no shame in my game

Post by Pneumonia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:58 am

for those who, like me, read this and wonder what AAMPLE is:
http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... ircle.html

OP you should also consider participating here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=207853

good luck on the retake!

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:23 am

Best of luck to you, but if you plan on taking in June you need to finish those books ASAP. If you don't feel that you're 100% prepared, wait until October. You will still be plenty early enough in the cycle to apply.

Gamine

New

Post by Gamine » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:36 am

Great enthusiasm! You could perhaps wait until October to give you more time to prepare. Best of luck on your journey either way! :)

tehkris

New

Post by tehkris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:34 am

I will say I signed up for June rather hastily. I was so upset and motivated to do better I just wanted to know I had another opportunity right away. I am considering changing it but right now I have a lot if momentum and am feeling like June is plausible.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tuffyjohnson

Bronze

Post by tuffyjohnson » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:32 am

Hey bro, another one here for whom LG doesn't come easy (like a lot of other things in my life). I've done 115 hours of pure LG and guess what? I'm looking at postponing June just like you because I am still around -9 on LG.The good news is I am finally making progress, but holy shit, it has been harder that I ever thought it would be. Hang in there brother. It sounds like this test is a personal vendetta for you. It is for me to. I'm not 100% sure about law school yet, but I am 100% sure I have something to prove to myself on this test. Good luck!

tuffyjohnson

Bronze

Post by tuffyjohnson » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:44 am

This is my LG study strategy: The Blueprint Book has a list in the back of the book of every LG rated by relevance, type, and difficulty. for PT's 1-60 I am making 4 copies of every game and doing about 4-5 games per day rated by difficulty and type. If I do not have complete command of the game I review the free explanations (love 7 sage!) from 7 sage here: http://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/ I then re-do the game until I have speed and accuracy.

mystikal

New

Post by mystikal » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:This is my LG study strategy: The Blueprint Book has a list in the back of the book of every LG rated by relevance, type, and difficulty. for PT's 1-60 I am making 4 copies of every game and doing about 4-5 games per day rated by difficulty and type. If I do not have complete command of the game I review the free explanations (love 7 sage!) from 7 sage here: http://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/ I then re-do the game until I have speed and accuracy.

This is what works...make copies and drill those games. You'll see the same rule in other games (not the same variables) over and over and over. Remember the rules and set up and you will be golden
Good Luck

Squintz805

New

Post by Squintz805 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:10 pm

I did every LG 7-30 organized by game type, did it 2 or 3 times until I had a complete understanding of each game, why I got which ones wrong, and how I could have gone quicker. Took me about a month and now I miss 0-3 each LG section in or around 35 minutes.

With that being said LR and RC are my current problem areas. If you have the determination and the discipline LG is very doable. Idk if it works like this for everyone, but now I chug through LG's like an autobot

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”