Should I retake in June? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Goodman

New

Should I retake in June?

Post by Goodman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey, all,

I have a 172 from the December 2012 test, and so far I am not satisfied with my cycle (results in profile). I'm considering retaking.

Some relevant information:

-When I was studying for the December test, my average timed score was 177, with plenty of 178s-180s in the mix.

-My biggest issue on test day was lack of sleep and anxiety. I'm a night owl, so an afternoon test would be to my advantage. Also, there would be less pressure since I have already gained acceptance to a T6.

-My goal would be to use a higher score for negotiating scholarships and getting in off wait lists. I do not want to have to apply next year, and I would only wait if I earned a high enough score to give myself a strong shot at HYS.

So, what do you all think? Would it be worth the headache? And if I do raise my score, would it be too late in the cycle by then to make a difference?

Also, how will schools react if I sign up for the June test? Will pending applications be held until after the test?

I really can't believe I'm considering this.

vinnnyvincenzo

Bronze

Re: Should I retake in June?

Post by vinnnyvincenzo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 pm

This is a no-brainer to retake. It's a no lose situation.

Goodman

New

Post by Goodman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 pm

vinnnyvincenzo wrote:This is a no-brainer to retake. It's a no lose situation.
Thanks, Vinny. That's the way I'm leaning. I guess what I want to know is if anyone has heard of any of the top 6 schools either accepting someone off the wait list or boosting a scholarship based on a June LSAT score. I've scoured the forum and haven't found any anecdotes about this.

Goodman

New

Post by Goodman » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 am

Well, that's that. I signed up. Fellow June takers, I'll see you in the study thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”